Some in U.S. voting with their feet

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeffrey
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
gilliam:
actually he did push for it in the state of the union
No, in the entire speech, he said one sentence, “I support a constitutional amendment…” He will not actively promote it. Lip service, that’s all.
No litmus test has always been his stated policy, where have you been DU?
Then why did the right-wingers think that he was going to eliminate abortion in America?

40.png
Richardols:
No, in the entire speech, he said one sentence, “I support a constitutional amendment…” He will not actively promote it. Lip service, that’s all.

Then why did the right-wingers think that he was going to eliminate abortion in America?
No, he said: "Because marriage is a sacred institution and the foundation of society, it should not be re-defined by activist judges. For the good of families, children, and society, I support a constitutional amendment to protect the institution of marriage. "

Considering the importance of the State of the Union, that is a lot to say.

That is a drop on the bucket compared to the Canadians that come down here to Florida to spend the winter. Sounds like a good trade—turn coats for frostbacks 🙂

40.png
gilliam:
No, he said: "Because marriage is a sacred institution and the foundation of society, it should not be re-defined by activist judges. For the good of families, children, and society, I support a constitutional amendment to protect the institution of marriage. "

Considering the importance of the State of the Union, that is a lot to say.
well, we’ll see how much he does to eliminate abortion and how far the marriage amendment goes. It’s my own feeling that abortion isn’t going to be eliminated and that the amendment will fail. But, that’s just my opinion. We’ll know by 2008.

40.png
Richardols:
well, we’ll see how much he does to eliminate abortion and how far the marriage amendment goes. It’s my own feeling that abortion isn’t going to be eliminated and that the amendment will fail. But, that’s just my opinion. We’ll know by 2008.
He will do a lot more than if Kerry was elected, and you know it.

40.png
gilliam:
He will do a lot more than if Kerry was elected, and you know it.
A non sequitur. What does Kerry have to do with what Bush will or won’t do in the next 4 years?

40.png
Richardols:
A non sequitur. What does Kerry have to do with what Bush will or won’t do in the next 4 years?
Maybe he brought Kerry up because of your obvious hostility towards Bush because your candidate lost.Don’t feel bad though,Kerry is hostile as well, I saw the Condi Rice questioning.God Bless

Wait for it 👍

It’ll happen. These things take time. Also, the Senate will be pushing for the homo amendment among other things.

If he isn’t going to require any appointees to be pro-life, thats what he does, I’d have to agree its better than Kerry’s approach…which is to give a test to prove they agree with the murder of babies.
40.png
Richardols:
Ad your candidate won - and not two months after his victory, he’s announced that he is not going to push for a marriage amendment to the US Constitution and that he will not require any of his conservative appointments to the bench to be anti-abortion.

tom.wineman said:
That is a drop on the bucket compared to the Canadians that come down here to Florida to spend the winter. Sounds like a good trade—turn coats for frostbacks 🙂

This is really funny!:rotfl:

40.png
Richardols:
As you well know, the President cannot impose, he can persuade, he can push for legislators and legislation and he can select appointees who will have a more mainstream interpretation of court findings.

all I can say to them is “don’t let the screen door whup you in the fanny on the way out.”

40.png
Richardols:
It certainly doesn’t help the cause when you support politicians that actively oppose the ammendment and actively support promotion and legalization of abortion.

40.png
Brad:
It certainly doesn’t help the cause when you support politicians that actively oppose the ammendment and actively support promotion and legalization of abortion.
DUH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back