**Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavoritmartin
If I follow the ten commandments and dont believe Christ existed your still willing to guarentee salvation?
Too many variables. If the person is a Jew, then that applies well enough. If the person claims to be Christian, then they must believe in Christ. God reads our hearts and knows where we stand.**
Hi Tom, I posted this quote from you and martin from the previous thread because of two things really. Firstly, when we started talking we were talking in the present tense (āis a jewā); about the Jews of today (though I donāt mind the chat on both OT and NT)
secondly as your position started by stating that a modern day Jew can be saved without needing Christ and then earlier in this thread you agreed with another member that Christ is needed in order to be saved.
I took your position to have began in the other thread as:
a jew of today can be saved through the old covenent even though he may choose to reject christ.
I sense this to be slightly more ambiguous position through the last few posts and thatās why I had trouble following your position.
Take care of yourself,
S x