Split: Are Jews saved under a different Covenant?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Melchior
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I have to go watch the season premiere of Beauty and the Geek. I will catch up tomorrow. I have my priorities ya know! šŸ‘

Peace to you Tom. I am sorry for being a jerk and disagreeing disagreably. I will wuss out and attribute it to the fact that I woke up at 2:30 this morning and could not get back to sleep.

Mel
No big deal, I get harsh quite often. Have a pleasant night. šŸ™‚
 
**Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavoritmartin
If I follow the ten commandments and dont believe Christ existed your still willing to guarentee salvation?

Too many variables. If the person is a Jew, then that applies well enough. If the person claims to be Christian, then they must believe in Christ. God reads our hearts and knows where we stand.**

Hi Tom, I posted this quote from you and martin from the previous thread because of two things really. Firstly, when we started talking we were talking in the present tense (ā€œis a jewā€); about the Jews of today (though I don’t mind the chat on both OT and NT)

secondly as your position started by stating that a modern day Jew can be saved without needing Christ and then earlier in this thread you agreed with another member that Christ is needed in order to be saved.

I took your position to have began in the other thread as:
a jew of today can be saved through the old covenent even though he may choose to reject christ.

I sense this to be slightly more ambiguous position through the last few posts and that’s why I had trouble following your position.

Take care of yourself,
S x
 
**Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavoritmartin
If I follow the ten commandments and dont believe Christ existed your still willing to guarentee salvation?

Too many variables. If the person is a Jew, then that applies well enough. If the person claims to be Christian, then they must believe in Christ. God reads our hearts and knows where we stand.**

Hi Tom, I posted this quote from you and martin from the previous thread because of two things really. Firstly, when we started talking we were talking in the present tense (ā€œis a jewā€); about the Jews of today (though I don’t mind the chat on both OT and NT)

secondly as your position started by stating that a modern day Jew can be saved without needing Christ and then earlier in this thread you agreed with another member that Christ is needed in order to be saved.

I took your position to have began in the other thread as:
a jew of today can be saved through the old covenent even though he may choose to reject christ.

I sense this to be slightly more ambiguous position through the last few posts and that’s why I had trouble following your position.

Take care of yourself,
S x
Every person that receives salvation is given that gift by Christ. Abraham was saved by Christ and so are faithful JEws of today.
 
ok so you meant in a ā€˜roundabout’ sense… i thought you meant literally that jews could reject jesus after knowing the new testament and still be saved lol. That might account for the reaction you got for your earlier comments lol šŸ™‚

take care, S x
 
ok so you meant in a ā€˜roundabout’ sense… i thought you meant literally that jews could reject jesus after knowing the new testament and still be saved lol. That might account for the reaction you got for your earlier comments lol šŸ™‚

take care, S x
No, anyone who has full knowledge of Christ and then rejects Him has put themselves in a very lousy situation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top