Spot on my lung

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baptista
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for your prayers. I feel they are keeping me together.

I will be going next Tuesday for a biopsy, putting off the heart test till the following week. The biopsy consists of putting a tube with a camera down my throat into the air passages and lung to take a sample of one of the ‘spots’. This one is a lymph node. The other ‘spot’ is down farther and would be more difficult to get to with a thin needle.

The best case scenario would be that I swallowed something in outer space. LOL My oncologist has a sense of humor.

Anyway, the best if it’s cancer, as he is 98% sure it is would be if it’s a new cancer. Namely lung. I would not be able to survive the surgery, so it would mean a very aggressive chemo along with radiation given at the same time. Before I had the chemo first, then the radiation when the chemo was all done. This will be …well… not nice. I don’t even want to think about it.

The worst would be if it’s a recurrence of the breast cancer. Then there would be no cure. I would still be able to have a form of chemo that is mild and to keep me feeling halfway decent and out of pain as much as possible.

I don’t even know what to pray for. The lung cancer would be more to go through, and no gaurantee it would keep me alive very long. The other…well. I suppose I’ll wait to talk to my oncologist again.

I shall ask for prayers for God’s Will to be done in me. And please prayers for my soul. I know none of us ‘deserve’ to go to Heaven, but God is merciful, and I pray that He will let me make a stop in Purgatory and not take the slippery ride downhill.

I offer this uncertainty up to You, Lord for the Holy Souls, as always, and also for family, friends and everyone here on this messageboard. Bless them all and help them in whatever their needs are. Amen.
 
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
My dear…I am lost with words to express the heaviness of my heart for you. Your love for our Lord will pull you through this. With prayers all things are possible. I’m praying to St. Jude right now to send you a miracle. You are so loved and in my prayers each day. Please please hang in there with comfort from all of us in knowing how much we love you and are praying for you. I just know in my heart that this is going to work out for you. Stay strong. :byzsoc: Praying praying praying.
Diane
 
Fear not- The Lord doesn’t give this to you, and He is with you in your trials. Rest assured that your fear of the wrong place is, in itself, one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit- and a pretty good sign that you will not be travelling there!
God bless you and keep you in His peace until you have the information you need.
 
Thank you all so much again for your prayers. Tomorrow is the biopsy. Please pray for things to go smoothly with arrangements for my going and coming, and that the roads will be free of ice.

I will be remembering you all as usual in my prayers, and I thank God for all of you.
 
Baptista, I have been thinking about you and you have been in my prayers. I didn’t respond before for lack of words that would console you. I just wanted to let you know I’m a stage 3 survivor and have been stable for 5 years now with spots in my lungs and lympths. I’m a high risk and it seems like I’m always waiting for the hammer to fall. But it’s been so long, I can even forget about it for a couple of days at a time now. I always have to be mentally prepared just in case, but it does get easier if I plan it one step at a time, cured or not. Just know we are praying hard for you. Take care, Tim
 
I’ll be saying lots of prayers for you, and for all on this board who are anxiously awaiting test results (so hard!)
 
Praying very hard for you…With the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and asking all the saints in heaven to intervene on your behalf. Oh my dear dear friend…my prayers will be non stop.
 
Merciful and loving, all-powerful and all good, Father God, wrap Baptista in a loving embrace.

I lift up this precious child to You and pray fervently that you would ease suffering and assure your child that they are accepted and loved by you through Grace.

Father God, send an army of angels to be with this soul on this journey. Let Baptista be able to feel their wings.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed Art Thou Among Women
And Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for Us Sinners
Now and at the Hour of Death
 
Praying for you, Baptista.

The following is from a Celtic Prayer…

Be the eye of God dwelling with me,
The foot of Christ in guidance with me,
The Shower of the Spirit pouring on me,
Richly and generously.

I bow before the Father who made me,
I bow before the Son who saved me,
I bow before the Spirit who guides me,
In love and adoration.
I praise the Name of the one on high.
I bow and adore thee Sacred Three,
The Ever One, the Trinity.

God Bless!
 
Praying for you Baptista. We are here for you and we love you. :hug1:
 
Baptista, I am still praying for you. I hope all goes well.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
Baptista,

I will remember you as I pray my daily rosary.

God Bless,
Gary
 
I’m praying for you and asking others to do so also. Jesus has you in the palm of his hand and He loves you more than you can imagine. Keep the faith; I’ll keep praying.
 
Baptista, 3 years ago I worked with a woman who’s sister was only 29 years old and who had a recurrence of breast cancer after a double masectomy. She was first diagnosed at age 25. She was in an accident and had an x-ray that picked up the cancer’s return before she had symptoms.

She spent 3-4 months doing nothing. She was too afraid to go back to the oncologist. She was in denial and felt she could not mentally handle what she was sure was a death sentence, because she had young children and was divorced. Their father was not emotionally involved with them at all, and she couldn’t bear the thought of orphaning them. When she finally went back to the oncologist, the cancer had spread to her spine, her liver, and her lungs. Her sister said that she was incurable, but she had strong chemo anyway.

Well, the cancer shrunk and disappeared. She was cured.

Even if this does not happen for you, I recently came across a blog from another CAF member on St. Therese de Lisieux’s teaching on purgatory. She strongly advised the sisters in her order that they should not fear God nor the afterlife, and should approach God with the faith that they were pure and would directly enter heaven. That does not mean that there will not be a purgation, only that we disappoint God when we doubt his faithfulness and mercy at our death. Please grab hold of that promise and let the peace of God flood your soul.

St. Therese of the Child Jesus, please send this sister your blessings and comfort.
 
My dear Baptista…I am praying for you. Please let us know how you are. I have been thinking about you all day today…Lifting your heart to God in Prayer. Stay strong and write when you can. We all care so very much for you. Diane
 
Thank you all so much for your prayers, and for sharing your own or someone else’s experiences with this disease with me. I have an appointment with the oncologist tomorrow morning. It is cancer, and the ‘spot’ they biopsied is the size of a golf ball. I was called this afternoon by the oncologist’s office to tell me I have to have a CT of my head before my appointment. Luckily in the same building. They want to see if it has spread to my brain.

I will know more tomorrow. The CT’s results will determine what sort of treatment options we will talk about.

Again, thank you all for your prayers, and I remember you all in mine! God bless every one of you and keep you close to Him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top