Y
yellow8yellowM
Guest
I’m sure many of you know Catholics who say they only want to have two (or some small fixed amount) kids. Many of you probably know Catholics who have had vasectomies or practice some form of birth control. My Catholic wife and I always thought this way until recently. In April of this year I completed RCIA and was fully received into the Church.
The problem is that my wife is the way she has always been, but now I am trying to live out a devout life as best I can. I emphasize the word “trying.” I get very frustrated when she tells people that she is stopping having kids after two, or when she tells people that she’s going on the pill after the second baby is born.
The frustration is partly that I want here to join the Catholic struggle with me, but also partly because I don’t know how to react to her. How often should I let her know my/the Church’s opinion? How harsh should I be? I just don’t know the path forward and feel a little helpless.
Any stories of your own struggle or advice will be helpful.
The problem is that my wife is the way she has always been, but now I am trying to live out a devout life as best I can. I emphasize the word “trying.” I get very frustrated when she tells people that she is stopping having kids after two, or when she tells people that she’s going on the pill after the second baby is born.
The frustration is partly that I want here to join the Catholic struggle with me, but also partly because I don’t know how to react to her. How often should I let her know my/the Church’s opinion? How harsh should I be? I just don’t know the path forward and feel a little helpless.
Any stories of your own struggle or advice will be helpful.