S
ssa_fellow
Guest
Thanks. I was hoping you’d reply again. Idk… I can’t help but overthink things.Yes, I can totally understand. You’re afraid to put hope in these new developments, because they could fall through – and if they do fall through, you don’t know what to do. I’ve been there, brother.
God is giving opportunities for other people to be Christ to you. That’s a great thing. But it’s up to them whether they really embrace the opportunities, and it’s up to you whether you cooperate with them. It’s delicate. And yet, it’s very good. The Lord is going to help you grow through this whole process – and in ways you have a hard time imagining, not just in terms of getting free of porn. And if something falls through here, there are other steps to take – but what you’ve done so far to set these things up is good, and courageous, and important.
You’ll have to grieve it, silly as that sounds. It is a comfort for you (and for me), a consolation. It’s hard to trust God to give us consolations instead of manufacturing our own.
Cross that bridge when you come to it. Chastity isn’t the same as celibacy; all you know right now is that God is calling you to chastity. The rest of the discernment needs to come when you have more freedom from this porn addiction.
July 30th-Aug 2, just outside Chicago. couragerc.org/courage/conference/
If you’re coming, let me know, and we’ll figure out a way to bump into each other!
I want to do things, and not have umpteen conversations with my friends. However, I don’t know what I should do. I have no idea. I have no idea what to do with my life. So… its not like I have a large goal, which can be reached by me obtaining a series of smaller goals to get there. I have no goals right now. I have a job, I make enough money for food and gas. And, I live at a Deacon’s house… so… no, I don’t make enough money even for my own place to live.
And quite frankly, I’m not going to do that. I will not live by myself. I don’t see why no one talks about these problems with me.
My priest and my counselor talk to me about my porn problem, and my sexuality, respectively.
Like… just because I start doing better in terms of purity, I won’t find it utterly depressing to live by myself? Sorry, no.
Sorry if I sound cynical. I don’t want to be a cynic. I love the Church. But, I’m just saying… The Church’s teaching on how I’m supposed to live my life really doesn’t seem that fleshed out to me. And, certainly the vast majority of Catholics don’t know any more than I do about it…
Idk. I will certainly be going to Courage meetings, as soon as they start up in my Diocese. Please pray for me. That I might finally emerge from my spiritual desert, and “fall in love with my faith all over again”… as my priest told me.