T
TrekFan
Guest
Howdy.
At my parish, there has been a recent development of people standing during the great amen of the Eucharistic prayer just before reciting the Lord’s prayer. They start holding hands and looking at each other smiling, and whether intentional or not, seem to miss the importance of the “amen.”
According to the GIRM, the congregation is supposed to remain kneeling until after the great amen. When I confronted others in my parish about this, I was told that the Bishop authorized this posture. Is he within his authority as a bishop to authorize something that is clearly not instructed in the GIRM?
At my parish, there has been a recent development of people standing during the great amen of the Eucharistic prayer just before reciting the Lord’s prayer. They start holding hands and looking at each other smiling, and whether intentional or not, seem to miss the importance of the “amen.”
According to the GIRM, the congregation is supposed to remain kneeling until after the great amen. When I confronted others in my parish about this, I was told that the Bishop authorized this posture. Is he within his authority as a bishop to authorize something that is clearly not instructed in the GIRM?