I didn’t like many of the TNG characters.
Picard painted, studied archaeology, played music, rode horses, acted in plays…surprised he didn’t have a ponytail and wear patchouli. He was too much of an anti-Kirk for my taste. I saw him as more of a Captain Stubing on a heavily-armed Love Boat than a kick-butt Starfleet captain.
Riker kind of bugged me because he reminded me of a lot of officers I used to know. Overall, his character was judgemental, nasty to subordinates he didn’t approve of and a bit of a suck-up to the Captain.
Deanna: "I sense no deception in these Ferengi, who I can’t read anyway, but I forgot that. Now look at my cleavage."
Wesley was a whiney pain. I have never liked the juvenile add-ons to various TV series. He was the Trek equivalent of Scrappy-Doo.
On Voyager, I liked the Doctor because he was entertainingly annoying, like Q or Harry Mudd.
I liked Seven because I am a straight male.