My point was that if CC doctrine is true, then it cannot be proven.
This was about the nature of a system that contextualizes the person asking the question within the system.
If a system contextualizes the person asking a question about said system, then said person cannot prove anything about the system; other than make statements that are self-referential to the system.
We can’t prove that, say, Jesus is divine?
Why do you say that? Have you looked at the arguments proving his divinity?
I didn’t say that, I don’t know how you got to this.
I have no idea how one would go about proving Jesus’ divinity. Other than in a circular manner.
If this putative Catholic tells you: well, since you are NOT Catholic you can’t tell me that…
you can dismiss that with the absurdity it deserves.
No, because in my mind, group dynamics trump doctrine. That putative Catholic is a member, and I am not; therefore, in Catholic matters, her opinion automatically counts for more than mine, even if hers is nominally in conflict with the CC doctrine.