Still feel like watching TBS, TNT, or CNN?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sweetchuck
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sweetchuck

Guest
Ted Turner: “Christianity is a religion for losers.”

(by the way, this is on the ma(name removed by moderator)age of aol.com)
 
BOOOOOO!:mad: He is real involved in the death movement too:tsktsk: For shame:tsktsk: :mad:
 
40.png
sweetchuck:
Ted Turner: “Christianity is a religion for losers.”

(by the way, this is on the ma(name removed by moderator)age of aol.com)
I don’t think Ted Turner has any control over CNN anymore. Don’t know about the others.
 
Yeah, we’re losers because we don’t want “Sex in the City” on primetime cable? I don’t think it ever dawned on Ted that a lot of Americans don’t care that a HBO sitcom about 4 sex-driven New York women is going to make him a little bit more money than Braves games and re-runs of Seinfeld. That must be why we’re losers.

well, all Ted’s money isn’t going to buy him salvation.
 
Ted Turner a few days ago:

“You know, I got the idea to go global from Fidel Castro. The signal spilled into Cuba and he heard about it – and he’s pretty intelligent – and he bought a satellite dish or got one somehow, and started watching the news and he said it was incredibly important. When I met him in '82, he said, ‘Ted, the whole world needs CNN.’ He said, ‘I use it all the time and it’s very important to me.’ So I said, 'Well if Castro needs it, certainly the capitalists around the world could use it, and perhaps some other communists, too.”

mrc.org/cyberalerts/2005/cyb20050602.asp
 
40.png
sweetchuck:
Ted Turner: “Christianity is a religion for losers.”
This is not the first comment by Comrad Ted. A few years back, he made a comment on Ash Wednesday when he was speaking to a group of employees. He noticed that some had ashes on their foreheads and called them “Jesus Freaks”.

PF
 
40.png
sweetchuck:
Ted Turner: “Christianity is a religion for losers.”

(by the way, this is on the ma(name removed by moderator)age of aol.com)
Goodness, that sounds incredibly childish. “Here’s a cookie Ted Turner, now run along and be a good boy”.
 
Maybe what he meant is that watching TBS, TNT, or CNN is for losers. . . .

🙂
 
It seems ol’ Ted also ended the Cold War. He claims his Goodwill games were designed to convince the Soviets through Sportsmanship that Communism is a no-win situation. I think he sort of lost me on that one.

NotWorthy
 
Actually, in a way, Ted Turner is right.

Christianity is a religion for sinners. And sinners are always losers. That’s why they need a Savior, why they need Christianity.

Still, I don’t think that’s what Turner had in mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top