Strange family problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter lily20
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your husband sounds like a brainwashing freeloader. I would first of all disregard what he says. If he’s too lazy to do more than play internet games and mess around on the side than he’s not going to be proactive about much of anything. I recommend seeking out a woman’s shelter for abused women and talk to them. Get yourself a lawyer, file separation papers to protect yourself from further debt and find out what the finances such as they are really amount to. If you don’t think of yourself think of your child. Remember just his threats are just that he sounds like a bully who want to play the field and use you for his bread and butter. Your mothers place doesn’t sound like a good long run option for you but if you’ve got nowhere else to turn it might be the best place for the short term.
 
Well, I have a lawyer drawing up papers that say I don’t have to pay back his student loans. Lately he’s been squeemish about signing it. His exact words: “I’m really turned off. So much for “in it together.” I feel like a criminal. I shouldn’t have to sign anything to be in a marriage!”

If he doesn’t sign it, I’m going to have to move in with my mom temporarily, I’ve decided.

I’m not going to have relations with him until he cleans up his woman-stuff act, but he thinks it’s ok, so I’m not sure that will be resolved. On a good note, we are not moving in with his parents. I made that clear and for the moment, he agreed. But he can also turn on a dime.

Also a good note, he’s allowing our son to be baptized on sunday. Why, I’m too scared to ask.

I just want God to grant me the wisdom to know what to do in this situation. 1. Be patient? 2. Act, thinking things won’t get any better? 3. Give up hope and get a full time job, and let him be irresponsible so I get to see our son? Is it really a bad thing to let him make a fool out of himself, ripping me off due to his own lust? Mind you, it’s extremely expensive to divorce my husband because his lawyers are very controlling, and both are funded by his wealthy parents.

I feel like a slave, but at the same time I’m sad for my husband because his world is 1000x more dark than mine. I haven’t prayed for him lately, but I feel what I’d like to call “a dark cloud” hovering over our relationship and over our home. I believe there are many demons in him. I just don’t know what to do.
 
You have been carrying a terrible burden for too long. You must be a very strong woman. Kudos to you for this…
Having said that, you need to get some space here to figure out what to do. Document every single thing and prepare to move in with your mother and get a fulltime job. Act now and don’t put it off, because things won’t get better right now.
If your husband agrees to your son being baptized, there is definitely hope and I would certainly advise that you both go in for marriage counseling, try to work things out.
Above all, pray, pray, pray. We were on the brink of divorce after 15 years of marriage and through a miraculous encounter, our marriage was saved by Christ. (We did the Alpha Marriage Course - it literally saved our marriage! 👍)
I will pray for you to have the strength to act for the best for your family…
 
Dear OP,

My heart bleeds for you. I truly pray God brings you peace

CM
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top