Study: HPV vaccination does not increase risky sexual behavior by girls

  • Thread starter Thread starter JapaneseKappa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to medical matters there’s always the risk the treatment or preventative could kill or maim. I don’t doubt that some have been greatly harmed or killed by vaccines, but the expected outcomes are still better in most cases.

Say you traversed a bear filled forest. Sure, most days no-one gets mauled, but 2 ppl a week do. A new ointment is crafted to repel bears. Everyone uses it and instead of 104 deaths it drops to 4 per year plus 1 fatal allergic reaction. Would it make sense to use to ointment knowing it could kill you?
 
I don’t disagree with that at all. To make an informed decision you have to know the risks from what you are being vaccinated against and your risk of getting it and compare that to the risk from the vaccine itself. I think most people just take whatever vaccine is offered.
 
Fair enough. I myself skip the flu shot each year because that virus drastically changes each year. If they had a faster production method that allowed them to better tailor it instead of educated predictions, I’d actually consider it.
 
I was being a little rhetorical. I thought it was a ridiculous reaction then; and this seems to validate that.
 
Yeah I’ll get a tetanus shot. I won’t get a flu shot. I also won’t get an HPV shot either.
 
Yeah I’ll get a tetanus shot.
Ugh. I get that one but I have to plan my weekend around it. Makes my whole body incredibly sore for days, saps my will to do anything, and puts me to sleep for 12 hours at a time.
 
Might have happened to me. Vaccines are intended to cause an immune system reaction. Tiredness and other results would make sense. The wisdom of causing multiple immune responses is something I question. I was offered a tetanus and mumps shot but chose just the tetanus.
 
Can’t protect some people from themselves! Have to try but its called “free will”.
 
Whether to try “harm reduction” or not will be a huge topic for decades to come. Not just vaccines but drug policy and much more
 
And for loved ones who are intrigued by the forest despite warnings?
So you teach your children about chastity and then immunize them for diseases that only result from unchastity? To me, this sends one of two signals: either 1 - you really don’t believe in the Church’s teaching on chastity, or 2 - you’re signalling to your children that you don’t expect them to try and be chaste.

My wife and I decided not to have our children receive the HPV vaccination and explained to them why we made the decision. In both cases the kids said, “that makes sense.”
 
HPV doesn’t result only from unchastity, It can result from rape. It can result from the past behavior of a partner who is now chaste. We’re talking about cancer. Preventing that is more important than scaring people into compliance. And the study just said it didn’t even increase the rate of unchastity!
 
And when they do become sexually active (in marriage or otherwise), and their partner doesn’t disclose his or her previous behavior?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top