Suicide is painless

  • Thread starter Thread starter john_charles
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sampson committed suicide in his right mind and is in heaven
I am not commenting on the consequences of suicide. I am just clarifying that the fact Sampson did not commit suicide. He asked God to give him back his super strength so that he could break the pillars that he was chained to and cause the building to collapse on the Philistines. That is not the same thing as suicide. God permitted him to sacrifice his life to destroy the Philistines.

Judges 16: 25 And rejoicing in their feasts, when they had now taken their good cheer, they commanded that Samson should be called, and should play before them. And being brought out of prison, he played before them; and they made him stand between two pillars. 26 And he said to the lad that guided his steps: Suffer me to touch the pillars which support the whole house, and let me lean upon them, and rest a little. 27 Now the house was full of men and women, and all the princes of the Philistines were there. Moreover about three thousand persons of both sexes, from the roof and the higher part of the house, were beholding Samson’s play. 28 But he called upon the Lord, saying: O Lord God remember me, and restore to me now my former strength, O my God, that I may revenge myself on my enemies, and for the loss of my two eyes I may take one revenge. 29 And laying hold on both the pillars on which the house rested, and holding the one with his right hand, and the other with his left, 30 He said: Let me die with the Philistines. And when he had strongly shook the pillars, the house fell upon all the princes, and the rest of the multitude, that was there: and he killed many more at his death, than he had killed before in his life.
 
Dear Friend,

First, I am so sorry about the tragedy pertaining to the family of the young Soldier. I will pray for them and for him.

I have a daughter, a Navy Medic who has done four tours. She came back to train people in the medical field in a atmosphere, desert type situation to make it similar to Iraq. She called me when she got a chance and she said, “Mom, for two minutes I thought I was back in Iraq and was hard to shake off”. Her last tour in Afghanistan, the MASH unit (supposedly safe zone) was bombed. A sleeping quarters was bombed with two guys in it sleeping. She said they scattered like ants to safety and ran for the bunkers. I can imagine the fear that went through their minds. Anyway, they looked at the tent that was on fire and saw that the wind had shifted and sparks were heading their way. My daughter told me the flames and sparks sounded like pop corn. Anyway, they had to all get out of the bunker to run somewhere else. They were finally okay and no more bombing. The two guys sleeping were alive and treated. The guy on the top bed, she treated and they had to send him home with severe injuries. The guy on the bottom bunk was not as bad because of stuff falling on him actually saved him from being severely hurt. He remained. I told you this because of what our men and women go through. Plus, the Soldiers on the front lines see some pretty nasty stuff.

Plus, my Daughter told me a 19 year old put a gun in his mouth while in Iraq and she had to take care of the result. He couldn’t handle it. War is not pretty. We were not genetically nor psychologically made to fight. Our minds can’t handle it. Even though wars have been going on for centuries.

I’m sorry for being hard core and forgive me but that young soldier probably saw some stuff so vile, we will never see in our lifetime. PTSD is a very, very strong illness.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind commits suicide. Even pedophiles. They aren’t in their right minds when they do those vile acts to children. Someone said a teacher jumped off a bridge because he was molesting 13 year olds. That is not a normal act and the teacher could have jumped for various reasons which we won’t know. Perhaps he wanted to stop himself-saw that was a way out. We will never know.

As the Curé of Ars once said to a widow of a man who committed suicide,“For God, there is eternity between the bridge and the water.”

And God is the ultimate Judge; we are not. I believe in God’s infinite mercy.

Again, I am so sorry for the family and my heart hurts over it. I will definitely pray that God softens the blow and comforts the family.

Almighty God, Our Heavenly Father, we understand that Thy sixth commandment, “Thou shalt do no murder,” includes self murder. But in Thy divine mercy, we beg Thy forgiveness especially for this young Soldier, who have been so confounded by the pressures of this life that they felt there was no way they could continue. Grant, we beseech Thee, that they be forgiven their terrible sin and accepted into Thy divine providence, and that they may come to understand Thy ways and Thy nature. We ask this in Jesus Christ’s name.
Amen.:highprayer:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top