W
Glad to see not everybody has a knot in their underbritches!!! LOL!..now really, you arent really pulling for the Colts? LOL!!!..are you?I knew somebody would get a laugh from it.![]()
To cancel Mass for a football game??
How sad. Shows where priorities are.
It was pretty easy to guess who the “disapprover” would be too.I knew when I posted this thread there would be at least one that would not “approve”…![]()
Wow what a concept!!I can’t say I’m really warm and fuzzy about the idea of rescheduling mass to accomodate football either. The rest of our Sunday should revolve around mass, mass shouldn’t revolve around the rest of our Sunday.
Moving a Mass time is not the same as cancellation~if Mass was cancelled then there would be NO evening Mass, but there will be, so it is not cancelled…Did anyone say they were holier than anyone else?
Some are shocked to see mass CANCELED for a sporting event (and if someone depends on a late Mass, and it is moved to hours earlier, that is the same as cancellation. Not many employers will let someone off work two hours early because Mass was changed for a football game). It is amazing that anyone sees cancelling Mass to be a good thing?
Father didnt think that anyone would skip Mass, I am sure he figured that everyone will go to other Mass times, and no one would be at that (the 5:30pm Mass), so I am sure with that knowledge he felt it best that instead of not having an evening Mass at all, moving it to 4pm would suffice…I think that reasoning doesnt say that we love God any less or less perfectly. I am sure Mass times around the country are at some point or another are rescheduled at one time or another, and in doing that doesnt make the Parish or Priest less faithful or that they love God any less…wifen’ take a deep breath. :coolinoff:
nice name calling, but I’m sorry there is a problem with a priest changing mass times becasue he knows no one will come. that is my opinion and i stick to it. i certainly don’t think I’m holier than you or anyone, no one even said that.I apologize if it came off badly. Anyone who doesn’t love God perfectly is the worst sinner and that includes you me and your priest.
BTW I’ll be watching the Superbowl tooAnd I WILL have some booze, I’m not Baptist.
![]()
Well…maybe. I’m a Cowboys and Longhorn fan. Part of me wants to be a Saints fan this weekend, and…part of me dislikes Bush a little (usc). It might be a gametime decisionGlad to see not everybody has a knot in their underbritches!!! LOL!..now really, you arent really pulling for the Colts? LOL!!!..are you?…LOL!!!
GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!![]()
Weeeellllll, since you are in Texas and yall are right next to us, the best thing would be for you to pull for the Saints~lol. So go ahead and be a Saints fan, it’s ok!!! Yall should see all the preps going on around here for the Superbowl!!! Its a riot!! lolWell…maybe. I’m a Cowboys and Longhorn fan. Part of me wants to be a Saints fan this weekend, and…part of me dislikes Bush a little (usc). It might be a gametime decision![]()
Welcome to the WHO DAT NATION!!! Glad to have ya!! Now you must practice all week hollerin’ WHO DAT, spell “go” as GEAUX, find as many fleur de leis as you can and cover every thing in black and gold!!! lol!I guess that’ll be fine, I see David Thomas is yalls tight end, he helped us beat usc for the National Title in 05![]()
Nobody is “not going to Mass” to watch a sporting event. They are going to a different Mass; that’s a decision I make all the time for frivolous reason: do I want to go to the vigil, the 8, the 9, or the 11?According to this post, mass was cancelled.
I cannot imagine not going to Mass so I can watch a sports event.
Some of us who teach CCD and work weekends depend on the late Sunday Mass. I guess I would just be out of luck - thank God our Parish would never put football before Mass.
I’m not so sure the church and particularly the pastor should put his seal of approval on it by rescheduling mass… In fact I think this pastor is facing a real missed oppertunity if you ask me.Nobody is “not going to Mass” to watch a sporting event. They are going to a different Mass; that’s a decision I make all the time for frivolous reason: do I want to go to the vigil, the 8, the 9, or the 11?
I’ll spend that hour in prayer for those who are unable to meet their obligations because Mass was cancelled (or “moved up to hours earlier”) for sports.Nobody is “not going to Mass” to watch a sporting event. They are going to a different Mass; that’s a decision I make all the time for frivolous reason: do I want to go to the vigil, the 8, the 9, or the 11?
HiyasI’ll spend that hour in prayer for those who are unable to meet their obligations because Mass was cancelled (or “moved up to hours earlier”) for sports.
If the NFL hadn’t changed their policy last year, churches wouldn’t be allowed to show the game on big-screen TVs (btw, NO ONE wants to watch on time delay…gotta see it LIVE). There had been quite the stink the year before. Every now and then the NFL really makes stupid decisions (the absurd “Who Dat” controversy this year):I’m not so sure the church and particularly the pastor should put his seal of approval on it by rescheduling mass… In fact I think this pastor is facing a real missed oppertunity if you ask me.
Have mass as scheduled, but have a football event afterwards. The parish should see if they can get their hands on a Tivo (perhaps borrowed from parishoner), hook it up to some TV’s in a nice community space, offer coffee and donuts maybe, and have the game on time delay.