Super Bowl Sunday!

  • Thread starter Thread starter wifenmommy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew somebody would get a laugh from it.🙂
Glad to see not everybody has a knot in their underbritches!!! LOL!..now really, you arent really pulling for the Colts? LOL!!!..are you?:confused:…LOL!!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!:D:D:D
 
I can’t say I’m really warm and fuzzy about the idea of rescheduling mass to accomodate football either. The rest of our Sunday should revolve around mass, mass shouldn’t revolve around the rest of our Sunday.
Wow what a concept!!😛
 
:banghead:
UGH!!! I KNEW this would happen! There are those that just HAVE to jump up on their soapbox with their holier than thou attitudes NO MATTER what the subject of the post is…THAT is why I RARELY start a thread or even post…you know, just because you may not care for sports does not make you a better person~I’ll have you know that everyone in Mass from Father on is devout and loves God and Christ. Just because we will be watching a sports event does not make us less devout, sincere, or sinners. Know who I will be watching the game with?? My entire family plus my Godchildren~there will be no booze, no cussing and definitely some praying going on! SO take that and stuff it in your soapbox. I dont think the Lord minds us spending the Sabbath enjoying our families that HE gave us…All I did was post a fun story regarding the SuperBowl and it is unfortunate that there are those that are quick to slap someones hand and be judgmental, “I must be holier than you and I will make sure you know it” seems to be the attitude of way too many on this forum…
 
Did anyone say they were holier than anyone else?

Some are shocked to see mass CANCELED for a sporting event (and if someone depends on a late Mass, and it is moved to hours earlier, that is the same as cancellation. Not many employers will let someone off work two hours early because Mass was changed for a football game). It is amazing that anyone sees cancelling Mass to be a good thing?
 
wifen’ take a deep breath. :coolinoff:

nice name calling, but I’m sorry there is a problem with a priest changing mass times becasue he knows no one will come. that is my opinion and i stick to it. i certainly don’t think I’m holier than you or anyone, no one even said that. 🤷 I apologize if it came off badly. Anyone who doesn’t love God perfectly is the worst sinner and that includes you me and your priest.

BTW I’ll be watching the Superbowl too;) And I WILL have some booze, I’m not Baptist.😉
 
Did anyone say they were holier than anyone else?

Some are shocked to see mass CANCELED for a sporting event (and if someone depends on a late Mass, and it is moved to hours earlier, that is the same as cancellation. Not many employers will let someone off work two hours early because Mass was changed for a football game). It is amazing that anyone sees cancelling Mass to be a good thing?
Moving a Mass time is not the same as cancellation~if Mass was cancelled then there would be NO evening Mass, but there will be, so it is not cancelled…

No one said that they were holier than thou, but unfortunately that is the attitude I frequently see on these boards…it definitely come across in the posts, it doesnt have to be said…
 
wifen’ take a deep breath. :coolinoff:

nice name calling, but I’m sorry there is a problem with a priest changing mass times becasue he knows no one will come. that is my opinion and i stick to it. i certainly don’t think I’m holier than you or anyone, no one even said that. 🤷 I apologize if it came off badly. Anyone who doesn’t love God perfectly is the worst sinner and that includes you me and your priest.

BTW I’ll be watching the Superbowl too;) And I WILL have some booze, I’m not Baptist.😉
Father didnt think that anyone would skip Mass, I am sure he figured that everyone will go to other Mass times, and no one would be at that (the 5:30pm Mass), so I am sure with that knowledge he felt it best that instead of not having an evening Mass at all, moving it to 4pm would suffice…I think that reasoning doesnt say that we love God any less or less perfectly. I am sure Mass times around the country are at some point or another are rescheduled at one time or another, and in doing that doesnt make the Parish or Priest less faithful or that they love God any less…

…in addition, I really wouldnt mind booze, it is just I get a 3 day hangover from one drink! lol
 
Glad to see not everybody has a knot in their underbritches!!! LOL!..now really, you arent really pulling for the Colts? LOL!!!..are you?:confused:…LOL!!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!:D:D:D
Well…maybe. I’m a Cowboys and Longhorn fan. Part of me wants to be a Saints fan this weekend, and…part of me dislikes Bush a little (usc). It might be a gametime decision;)
 
Well…maybe. I’m a Cowboys and Longhorn fan. Part of me wants to be a Saints fan this weekend, and…part of me dislikes Bush a little (usc). It might be a gametime decision;)
Weeeellllll, since you are in Texas and yall are right next to us, the best thing would be for you to pull for the Saints~lol. So go ahead and be a Saints fan, it’s ok!!! Yall should see all the preps going on around here for the Superbowl!!! Its a riot!! lol
 
I guess that’ll be fine, I see David Thomas is yalls tight end, he helped us beat usc for the National Title in 05:D
 
I guess that’ll be fine, I see David Thomas is yalls tight end, he helped us beat usc for the National Title in 05:D
Welcome to the WHO DAT NATION!!! Glad to have ya!! Now you must practice all week hollerin’ WHO DAT, spell “go” as GEAUX, find as many fleur de leis as you can and cover every thing in black and gold!!! lol!:D:p:D
 
According to this post, mass was cancelled.

I cannot imagine not going to Mass so I can watch a sports event.

Some of us who teach CCD and work weekends depend on the late Sunday Mass. I guess I would just be out of luck - thank God our Parish would never put football before Mass.
Nobody is “not going to Mass” to watch a sporting event. They are going to a different Mass; that’s a decision I make all the time for frivolous reason: do I want to go to the vigil, the 8, the 9, or the 11?
 
Nobody is “not going to Mass” to watch a sporting event. They are going to a different Mass; that’s a decision I make all the time for frivolous reason: do I want to go to the vigil, the 8, the 9, or the 11?
I’m not so sure the church and particularly the pastor should put his seal of approval on it by rescheduling mass… In fact I think this pastor is facing a real missed oppertunity if you ask me.

Have mass as scheduled, but have a football event afterwards. The parish should see if they can get their hands on a Tivo (perhaps borrowed from parishoner), hook it up to some TV’s in a nice community space, offer coffee and donuts maybe, and have the game on time delay.
 
Nobody is “not going to Mass” to watch a sporting event. They are going to a different Mass; that’s a decision I make all the time for frivolous reason: do I want to go to the vigil, the 8, the 9, or the 11?
I’ll spend that hour in prayer for those who are unable to meet their obligations because Mass was cancelled (or “moved up to hours earlier”) for sports.
 
Hiyas:)

My team is the Tennessee Volunteers…but I don’t think they won very much this year.😦

Our yell is GO VOLS:D I think … It’s what I scream anyway.]

Does Super Bowl get shown to Colonel type Marines in Afghanistan, please? I hope so.
 
I’ll spend that hour in prayer for those who are unable to meet their obligations because Mass was cancelled (or “moved up to hours earlier”) for sports.
Hiyas:)

IMHO The Father gave plenty of notice so others could reschedule.

C’mon…didn’t Jesus play?
Fathers are humans…and were boys

In charity…the spirit of this FUN thread…is kinda being hijacked by you…Peace o’kay?

As always, just my thoughts
 
I’m not so sure the church and particularly the pastor should put his seal of approval on it by rescheduling mass… In fact I think this pastor is facing a real missed oppertunity if you ask me.

Have mass as scheduled, but have a football event afterwards. The parish should see if they can get their hands on a Tivo (perhaps borrowed from parishoner), hook it up to some TV’s in a nice community space, offer coffee and donuts maybe, and have the game on time delay.
If the NFL hadn’t changed their policy last year, churches wouldn’t be allowed to show the game on big-screen TVs (btw, NO ONE wants to watch on time delay…gotta see it LIVE). There had been quite the stink the year before. Every now and then the NFL really makes stupid decisions (the absurd “Who Dat” controversy this year):

christianpost.com/article/20090130/church-hosted-super-bowl-gatherings-blessed-by-nfl-policy-change/index.html
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top