Ted or Louis?

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to agree with the arch-bishop on the ground…

Archbishop Casmoussa of Mosul

space ghost:
I am inclined to agree with the arch-bishop on the ground…

Archbishop Casmoussa of Mosul
**Bishop Louis Sako is on the ground. He is bishop of Kirkuk. Here is what he said about Archbishop Casmoussa’s comments: "**I think Archbishop Casmoussa said what he did because he’s thinking of his situation in Mosul: With a very large Sunni majority, the city is almost entirely against the American presence. But if the Americans leave Iraq today, there will be civil war between Kurds, Arabs, Sunnis, Shiites, Muslims, Christians. This is clear. For this reason, it is better that Americans not leave now. There will soon be a new national government; an army and police force is taking shape. Step by step a revival plan is going forward, but it is not the result of some kind of magic. The U.S. must stay on until Iraqis can take command of the nation. For the moment, they can’t do this, the necessary structures are not yet in place."

For those who don’t remember, the Sunni are about 20% of the population of Iraq and have controlled the country with an iron fist for over 30 years. They want their power back. Even those outside of government benifitted greatly from Saddam’s rule.

i read the article… i just am inclined to agree with Archbishop Casmoussa of Mosul 👍

space ghost:
i read the article… i just am inclined to agree with Archbishop Casmoussa of Mosul 👍
By the way, he heads the Syrian Catholic diocese of Mosul.

There are other articles out there, and we all could reference those that support our personal spin…

Let me cut to the chase… i personally disagree with the decision to invade Iraq… I know you feel otherwise, and I am ok with your opinion.
I think (by reading your constant attempts to sell the correctness of the war) you work hard to convince others it’s ok, I just disagree…

Peace:thumbsup:

space ghost:
Let me cut to the chase… i personally disagree with the decision to invade Iraq… I know you feel otherwise, and I am ok with your opinion.
I think (by reading your constant attempts to sell the correctness of the war) you work hard to convince others it’s ok, I just disagree…

Peace:thumbsup:
The question is not do we liberate Iraq? We are already in there. The question currently is: now what?

40.png
gilliam:
The question is not do we liberate Iraq? We are already in there. The question currently is: now what?
and in answer to your question… one more time… I agree with the Arch Bishop… get out…

I support the war on terror and believe the people of Iraq can be free. It has nothing to do with what Gilliam posts. I had friends and co workers kiled on 9/11 and haven’t forgotten. I am now fully aware that muslim extremists want to kill us and people like Ted Kennedy and Joh Kerry have no plan on how to wage that war other than pleading with france for their acceptance.

The Archbishop, a member and suporter of the International Catholic peace organization ‘Pax Christ’ is a wise and sincere man. Below are two observations he made:
The Americans are not angels! They have their interests; they came to Iraq for that reason, not to free the Iraqis. But the fruit is, in fact, liberation.
++++++

• T**he Coalition and Provisional Government have made many promises. People, however, are tired of all the talk. After 35 years of daily suffering and repression they now want things done and are not satisfied with promises*.

40.png
katherine2:
T**he Coalition and Provisional Government have made many promises. People, however, are tired of all the talk. After 35 years of daily suffering and repression they now want things done and are not satisfied with promises.
fine, they will vote in their own government this weekend.

40.png
gilliam:
And to hell with the Iraqis?
well, we have killed over 100,000 innocents in iraq, i guess you subscribe that to kill more innocents is the answer… we have killed more than the prior dictator did…

look, you and i disagree… we went in on the premise of WMD (at least that is what was sold to the american people) and we discovered that to be bogus… so if the reason we went in was wrong, then we should rightfully withdraw, rebuild what we destroyed and try (i say try mind you) to compensate the families we devastated with our mistake…

peace:thumbsup:

space ghost:
well, we have killed over 100,000 innocents in iraq, i guess you subscribe that to kill more innocents is the answer… we have killed more than the prior dictator did…
Who says we killed 100,000 innocents?
look, you and i disagree… we went in on the premise of WMD (at least that is what was sold to the american people) and we discovered that to be bogus… so if the reason we went in was wrong, then we should rightfully withdraw, rebuild what we destroyed and try (i say try mind you) to compensate the families we devastated with our mistake…

peace:thumbsup:
Look the question is what do we do now. Just think out what would happen without the US forces in Iraq today. What will the country be like?

By the way, the Vatican doesn’t want us to leave until there is peace in Iraq.

gilliam Who says we killed 100,000 innocents?
every reliable new source out there… even on the internet… your resourseful, i’m sure you can find… look farther than Fox News…
Look the question is what do we do now.
i answered that earlier, look below…
Just think out what would happen without the US forces in Iraq today. What will the country be like
Right, not as many people dying… we had no business invading and we have even less reason to stay… i can’t see loosing as many as we did in Vietnam to finally say, “we messed up here” and we have messed up…IMO…👍

it’s really ok to disagree…

Peace

space ghost:
Right, not as many people dying… we had no business invading and we have even less reason to stay… i can’t see loosing as many as we did in Vietnam to finally say, “we messed up here” and we have messed up…IMO…👍

it’s really ok to disagree…

Peace
OK, I disagree 😃

If we leave now, there will be, at a minimum, civil war. There is also a very high likelihood that the thugs will take over the country and reek vengence on the population.

I really can’t see how a Catholic can condone such a thing. And neither can the Vatican, I might add.

40.png
gilliam:
OK, I disagree 😃

If we leave now, there will be, at a minimum, civil war. There is also a very high likelihood that the thugs will take over the country and reek vengence on the population.

I really can’t see how a Catholic can condone such a thing. And neither can the Vatican, I might add.
you might be right about the civil war… we had ours, and we sure weren’t interested in someother country sticking their big noses in our business…

don’t know about reeking vengence, they need the population to rule and pay their taxes like us…

and i surely could say the same of what you condone assuming your catholic…

but, i would fight for your right to say it, whether i agree or not…

Peace my friend:thumbsup:

space ghost:
you might be right about the civil war… we had ours, and we sure weren’t interested in someother country sticking their big noses in our business…

don’t know about reeking vengence, they need the population to rule and pay their taxes like us…

and i surely could say the same of what you condone assuming your catholic…

but, i would fight for your right to say it, whether i agree or not…

Peace my friend:thumbsup:
If the new government of Iraq wants us gone, were history. The President has said so publically. My bet is they will ask us to help keep the peace until they can get on their feet. Want to take that bet?

Again, the Vatican wants us there.

Spaceghost I have seen numerous references that state the 100000 casualty figure was a made up number based on extrapolating some small amount of data. There are apparently verifiable tallies in the area of 17000-20000. Not that one dead innocent isn’t one too many but the idea that the US is in there slaughtering the innocent is pretty unfounded. Further, it’s the terrorists who are now killing the innocents. Do you think that effort would decline if we left? Maybe I’m too fixated on the sights when we left Vietnam, people begging, crying, handing their children off the strangers, anything to get them OUT of the country. I work with a man married to a Vietnamese woman. She said following our departure it was a hideous situation with many innocents killed as the Viet Cong took over. Plus for YEARS afterward, those who had cooperated with the US were persecuted, jailed, killed.

I just think it would be WORSE if we left than if we stay.

Lisa N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back