Texas Election Lawsuit added to Supreme Court Docket

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that once it was on the docket, it would be considered, could be wrong.

That might be semantics.

Texas asks for leave to file the suit. Five Justices have to vote yes to hear it.

I saw this and shook my head. Texas simply has no standing on the electors in other states. I will be surprised if the SCOTUS messes with this. It will have one effect. I will no longer vote for Ken Paxton. The last thing I want in an AG is someone who grandstands, does not support democracy, and puts party ahead of country.

I was under the impression that once it was on the docket, it would be considered, could be wrong.
You are in error. It can be dismissed without an opinion for lack of standing.

That was fast.
Wow. That was fast!

Not surprising in the least, but still fast.

I guess there are at least six justices who are members of the Deep State™!

Edit: This was the PA case, not the TX case that was dismissed.

Last edited:
I think the next step is that some lawyers need to be sanctioned.

If other states unconstitutionally allowed changes on the fly to their election laws, those illegal activities adversely affected the state of TX and all other states. The PA legislature never even completed their own constitutional process to change and amend the election rules. These states appear to have a real problem. An ever bigger problem is that the decision in Bush v. Gore that ballots cannot be counted under different rules within a given state. That should also play.

Welcome to CAF, @slawrence1111! Enjoy your time here. Cookies are by the entrance, and the doors close in 23 days.

If other states unconstitutionally allowed changes on the fly to their election laws, those illegal activities adversely affected the state of TX and all other states. The PA legislature never even completed their own constitutional process to change and amend the election rules. These states appear to have a real problem. An ever bigger problem is that the decision in Bush v. Gore that ballots cannot be counted under different rules within a given state. That should also play.
Welcome to the forums!

:Louisiana has joined the lawsuit along with Texas.

Last edited:
SCOTUS has given PA (and the other defendants) until Thursday at 3pm to respond:

“Response to the motion for leave to file a bill of complaint and to the motion for a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order or, alternatively, for stay and administrative stay requested, due Thursday, December 10, by 3 pm.”

Cert won’t be granted (or denied) until sometime after that time.

There won’t be any updates until sometime after that. The justices have a regular conference scheduled for Friday. They will probably issue any orders after that. (They will deny this).

Last edited:
If other states unconstitutionally allowed changes on the fly to their election laws, those illegal activities adversely affected the state of TX and all other states.
You win for biggest stretch of the day.
Once upon a time, you would have been a contender for biggest stretch of the year. But the 2020 level of insanity knocked you.down.

If other states unconstitutionally allowed changes on the fly to their election laws, those illegal activities adversely affected the state of TX and all other states.
We will see if the high court agrees with you are me. In any case, my opinion of this man and this move remains.

That will certainly happen in this case because Texas has no standing, and their desired relief is preposterous.
One thing all this month long mess has shown us is that the position of the incumbent and his followers about being strict constitutionalists is only a position of convenience, hypocritically abandoned at need.

The SCOTUS has rejected the Pennsylvania case, saying they will not overturn that election. It is madness to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results because Texas.

Last edited:
Maybe SC will overturn the results in Tx and La in response to this suit.

It makes about as much sense as overturning any other states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back