Texas Election Lawsuit added to Supreme Court Docket

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, they ordered a response in the PA suit. Look how far that went.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

It is being reported that four states have joined with Texas lawsuit…

Last edited:
Yes, the PA suit can still request the court to hear the case. But why would they? The point will be moot once the Electoral College votes on Monday.

Looking at the lawsuit claims which based on Article II of the Constitution and looking at Article II, I believe the lawsuit to be frivolous.

It is being reported that four states have joined with Texas lawsuit…
Yeah, that will really help. 😏
Raca? 1234
I once had a post removed for using the word “stupid” about a mathematical error that was simply defined and indisputably wrong. I made it clear (unlike above where the word is used alone) that it was the error that was stupid. But no one should be called that, and the word used as a solo noun in a sentence has little other meaning.

I’m genuinely curious: do you think schools of jurisprudence truly exist as (semi) objective frameworks of interpretation, or that they are just convenient ways for judges to give their political beliefs a greater degree of legitimacy?
Posner (retired US federal appellate court judge) says yes, but he also says that the current SCOTUS is not very qualified or learned. However, he is an iconoclast.

The biggest supposed thought area is ‘legal realism’. Basically they think a judge finds a reason to come up with a decision he or she wants. Their famous allegation is that what a judge has for breakfast the day of argument is more important than what the lawyers in front of him or her say.

I think that theory is nonsense, by the way.

Last edited:
In case anyone is wondering who is on the other side of the aisle in the Republican Lawsuits, it is Mark Elias.

He was on CNN last night with Don.
67 lawsuits have been filed.
Trump Team 1
Mark Elias 51

In case anyone is wondering who is on the other side of the aisle in the Republican Lawsuits, it is Mark Elias.

Trump Team 1
Mark Elias 51
You would think after such a dismal success rate by Trump Team, they would throw in towel.

Trust me, people on these forums will be well informed of David Daleiden(baby body parts) and Mark Elias of

Perkins Coie in Washington D.C.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:

Trump Team 1
Yes we know him well on these forums. I see you just joined recently.

Last edited:

This article has the fullest account that I have seen of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s response to Mike Kelly’s suit, if anyone is interested. It has been updated frequently…
Calling Kelly’s suit a “first-of-its-kind” request that seeks to “disenfranchise an entire state,” lawyers for the administration of Wolf, a Democrat, earlier on Tuesday urged Alito to reject Kelly’s case.

” Their suit is nothing less than an affront to constitutional democracy," the lawyers wrote of Kelly and the other petitioners. “It should meet a swift and decisive end.”
Goerie.com

Last edited:
The one-liner
The application for injunctive relief presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied," the order said.

Those states joining Texas?

“Amici curiae are the States of Missouri,Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah,and West Virginia.”

Other Amici against Texas are (note the Republicans!):

CARTER PHILLIPS, STUART GERSON, JOHN DANFORTH, CHRISTINE TODD WHITMAN, LOWELL WEICKER.

Those folks stated: “Plaintiff’s Motions make a mockery of federalism and separation of powers. It would violate the most fundamental constitutional principles for this Court to serve as the trial court for presidential election disputes.”

Trump’s petition to intervene is full of innuendo and does not really make a legal case for Texas to win the lawsuit. He says there is no way he could win in FL and OH but still lose the election. He thinks it suspicious that he got more votes this time (75 Million) but still lost. He doesn’t mention that Biden got more votes than he did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back