T
ThePapaTX
Guest
Bleech. Why make a casserole when you can make real food?
See tundramom, if you had asked me to bring bars I would have asked if you wanted seven layer, chocolate chip or dateYup… here in Minnesota it doesn’t matter what religion you are… it’s still “HOT DISH”. I never knew what everyone was talking about. And BARS? Bring BARS? like candy bars? NO they are pan cookies cut up. LOL
I love living in Minnesota.
Steph
Hereabouts they are “squares”. If you asked me for “pan cookies” I wouldn’t immediately think of squares; I’d just think, what on earth else would you bake your cookies on?Yup… here in Minnesota it doesn’t matter what religion you are… it’s still “HOT DISH”. I never knew what everyone was talking about. And BARS? Bring BARS? like candy bars? NO they are pan cookies cut up. LOL
I love living in Minnesota.
Steph
That’s my husband’s reaction, too.Bleech. Why make a casserole when you can make real food?
YAY!!Liza–thank you, thank you , thank you! You have just solved my problem of what to fix for my Cursillo group Thursday night! I was racking my brains out trying to find something different. Perfect.
True. Condensed soup (especially cream of whatever) is unequivocally, inarguably unappealing. But somehow I can bring myself to like it when it’s cooked up in a cassarole with some roasted chicken and rice. It’s total comfort food. You’re right, it makes no sense!I like things that are cooked IN a casserole, like a gratin or lasagna, etc. but I’m not one for the egg noodles and cream of something or other soup mixed with whatever meat, veg etc. No, not appealing. Honestly why does anyone eat condensed soup? It’s an afront to all that is good an nutritious in God’s creation. yuck.
it’s not so much that it’s unappealing… it’s just that it’s so unhealthy. But then again I’m not a fan of any manufactured foods, I am very food picky/conscious though. I use cream if I want something creamy, good cream with omega 3’s.True. Condensed soup (especially cream of whatever) is unequivocally, inarguably unappealing. But somehow I can bring myself to like it when it’s cooked up in a cassarole with some roasted chicken and rice. It’s total comfort food. You’re right, it makes no sense!![]()
Thanks, I appreciate that. My friend Mary used to put a little can of peas in a saucepan with some milk and butter, and toss a drained canned of tuna in that mess. I had to go home.I like many casseroles but totally agree with you! Tuna casserole is the definition of disgusting! I don’t mind tuna and love Kraft macaroni and cheese but my mom would mix the two together and yuck!!! On Fridays, I’d have to beg her to save some innocent macaroni and cheese from a tuna death so I could eat something.
I promise to never serve you tuna casserole at my house!!!
Kris
My mom wouldn’t have touched it either.I see someone will have to stick up for tuna casserole. It was one of the few dishes my mom made when I was a child for dinner. I like it just fine. It makes me think of mom.![]()
ThePaPaTx- I have yet to find one man or woman that turns down some REAL King Ranch Casserole… now come on my fellow Texan!!! LOLBleech. Why make a casserole when you can make real food?