The casserole poll! Love them - hate them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lizaanne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup… here in Minnesota it doesn’t matter what religion you are… it’s still “HOT DISH”. I never knew what everyone was talking about. And BARS? Bring BARS? like candy bars? NO they are pan cookies cut up. LOL

I love living in Minnesota.
Steph
See tundramom, if you had asked me to bring bars I would have asked if you wanted seven layer, chocolate chip or date :D. Yes, my parents are from Minnesota but I grew up all over because my dad was military.

Brenda V.
 
Yup… here in Minnesota it doesn’t matter what religion you are… it’s still “HOT DISH”. I never knew what everyone was talking about. And BARS? Bring BARS? like candy bars? NO they are pan cookies cut up. LOL

I love living in Minnesota.
Steph
Hereabouts they are “squares”. If you asked me for “pan cookies” I wouldn’t immediately think of squares; I’d just think, what on earth else would you bake your cookies on? :confused:

“Bars” makes me think of those long perspex tables with a sink and an ice tray in one end, where you sit and drink something that makes you feel sleepy. 😊
 
Liza–thank you, thank you , thank you! You have just solved my problem of what to fix for my Cursillo group Thursday night! I was racking my brains out trying to find something different. Perfect.
YAY!! 😃

(Don’t forget to add extra sun dried tomatoes - I didn’t think it had enough. 😉 )

~Liza
 
I like things that are cooked IN a casserole, like a gratin or lasagna, etc. but I’m not one for the egg noodles and cream of something or other soup mixed with whatever meat, veg etc. No, not appealing. Honestly why does anyone eat condensed soup? It’s an afront to all that is good an nutritious in God’s creation. yuck.
True. Condensed soup (especially cream of whatever) is unequivocally, inarguably unappealing. But somehow I can bring myself to like it when it’s cooked up in a cassarole with some roasted chicken and rice. It’s total comfort food. You’re right, it makes no sense! 🤷

gam3rchic, beautiful recipe with the chicken, rice and veggies! I think I’d try it without the cheese though. Sounds like cheese on top would overwhelm the whole thing, but maybe that’s just me.
 
True. Condensed soup (especially cream of whatever) is unequivocally, inarguably unappealing. But somehow I can bring myself to like it when it’s cooked up in a cassarole with some roasted chicken and rice. It’s total comfort food. You’re right, it makes no sense! 🤷
it’s not so much that it’s unappealing… it’s just that it’s so unhealthy. But then again I’m not a fan of any manufactured foods, I am very food picky/conscious though. I use cream if I want something creamy, good cream with omega 3’s.

My gram used to eat and serve ( not to me) cream of mushroom soup out of a can, undiluted. blech.:eek: maybe that is why I hate it so much. but the sodium content is just so bad and the ingredients so…wrong. I just can’t eat it!:o:blush: I guess i can’t argue on the taste aspect though since I won’t eat it:p

I do love a good arroz con crema which is a casserole type dish of just rice, some chiles and cream and cheese. I think when it comes to rice and potatoes, casseroles really do them justice.👍
 
I like many casseroles but totally agree with you! Tuna casserole is the definition of disgusting! I don’t mind tuna and love Kraft macaroni and cheese but my mom would mix the two together and yuck!!! On Fridays, I’d have to beg her to save some innocent macaroni and cheese from a tuna death so I could eat something.

I promise to never serve you tuna casserole at my house!!!

Kris
Thanks, I appreciate that. My friend Mary used to put a little can of peas in a saucepan with some milk and butter, and toss a drained canned of tuna in that mess. I had to go home.
 
I see someone will have to stick up for tuna casserole. It was one of the few dishes my mom made when I was a child for dinner. I like it just fine. It makes me think of mom. ❤️
My mom wouldn’t have touched it either.
 
If it is made well, I like casseroles. If it is made poorly, I dont like casseroles. Enough said.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top