The Gospel According to Mark Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter choliks
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

choliks

Guest
If the following questions have been already answered, kindly direct me to the correct thread.

I would just like to ask…
  1. When the Gospel of Mark of was written, who was it’s target audience?
  2. What was the purpose?
Thanks in advance. 🙂
 
If the following questions have been already answered, kindly direct me to the correct thread.

I would just like to ask…
  1. When the Gospel of Mark of was written, who was it’s target audience?
  2. What was the purpose?
Thanks in advance. 🙂
2 factors suggest that Mark completed the Gospel before A.D. 70, within one generaion of the events he records. Some prominent traditions in the early Church date Mark’s Gospel in the 60’s A.D. or even earlier. Some writers think he may have written it earlier. With all these varying traditions they together suggest that Mark published his work sometime before 70 A.D.

His target audience was primarliy for Gentile believers in Imperial Rome.

[taken from Ignatius Catholic Study Bible, Introduction to Mark. 2nd Edition.]

Do you mean the purpose of writing the book of Mark?

God bless.
 
Is there a book written just for you! Have a look at Inside the Bible by Fr. Kenneth Baker, S.J. It answers each of your questions (and more) for each of the 73 books of the bible. I find it to be an excellent reference. Less than $5 on Amazon, if you don’t mind a used copy.
 
Is there a book written just for you! Have a look at Inside the Bible by Fr. Kenneth Baker, S.J. It answers each of your questions (and more) for each of the 73 books of the bible. I find it to be an excellent reference. Less than $5 on Amazon, if you don’t mind a used copy.
You know I think that book is lying around the house somewhere. I think I am going to go and look into it. If not, I am going to buy it off of Amazon. I have heard it is well written and can be easily understood. Thanks for posting.

God Bless.
 
You know I think that book is lying around the house somewhere. I think I am going to go and look into it. If not, I am going to buy it off of Amazon. I have heard it is well written and can be easily understood. Thanks for posting.

God Bless.
👍
 
Thanks for the replies. I hope I can get a copy of the book in our part of the world.
 
If the following questions have been already answered, kindly direct me to the correct thread.

I would just like to ask…
  1. When the Gospel of Mark of was written, who was it’s target audience?
  2. What was the purpose?
Thanks in advance. 🙂
It was written on the request of the Roman Christians, to put into writing, the teachings of St. Peter. St.Mark was an apostle of Peter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top