P
patrick457
Guest
Why don’t we re-review the parable to refresh our minds? 
"Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.
For - just like a man going abroad called his own slaves, and handed over to them his property; and to one he gave five talanta, but to another two, but to another one, to each according to his own ability. And he went abroad immediately.
The one who had received the five talanta, having gone, traded with them and made five more. Likewise the one who had the two gained two more; but the one who received the one, having gone away, dug in the earth and hid his lord’s silverlings.
Now after a long time comes the lord of those slaves and settles accounts with them, and the one who had received the five talanta, having come, brought other five talanta, saying, “Lord, five talanta you handed over to me. See, I have gained five more talanta.” And his lord was saying to him, “Well done, good and faithful slave! In a few things you were being faithful; over many things I will put you in charge. Enter into the joy of your lord!”
And the one with the two talanta, having come, said, “Lord, two talanta you handed over to me. See, I have gained two more talanta.” His lord was saying to him, “Well done, good and faithful slave! In a few things you were being faithful, over many things I will put you in charge. Enter into the joy of your lord!”
Now the one also who has received the one talanton, having come, said, “Lord, I knew you, that you are a hard man, harvesting where you did not sow, and gathering from where you did not scatter; and having been afraid, having gone away, I hid your talanton in the earth. See, you have what is yours!” And his lord, answering, said to him, "Evil slave, and lazy, you had known that I harvest where I did not sow, and I gather from where I did not scatter! You should have then put my money with the bankers, and having come I would have received my own with interest!
“Take away therefore from him the talanton*, and give to him having the ten* talanta*, for to everyone who has will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even that which he has will be taken away from him. And throw the useless slave out into the outer darkness; in that place will be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.*”
"Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.
For - just like a man going abroad called his own slaves, and handed over to them his property; and to one he gave five talanta, but to another two, but to another one, to each according to his own ability. And he went abroad immediately.
The one who had received the five talanta, having gone, traded with them and made five more. Likewise the one who had the two gained two more; but the one who received the one, having gone away, dug in the earth and hid his lord’s silverlings.
Now after a long time comes the lord of those slaves and settles accounts with them, and the one who had received the five talanta, having come, brought other five talanta, saying, “Lord, five talanta you handed over to me. See, I have gained five more talanta.” And his lord was saying to him, “Well done, good and faithful slave! In a few things you were being faithful; over many things I will put you in charge. Enter into the joy of your lord!”
And the one with the two talanta, having come, said, “Lord, two talanta you handed over to me. See, I have gained two more talanta.” His lord was saying to him, “Well done, good and faithful slave! In a few things you were being faithful, over many things I will put you in charge. Enter into the joy of your lord!”
Now the one also who has received the one talanton, having come, said, “Lord, I knew you, that you are a hard man, harvesting where you did not sow, and gathering from where you did not scatter; and having been afraid, having gone away, I hid your talanton in the earth. See, you have what is yours!” And his lord, answering, said to him, "Evil slave, and lazy, you had known that I harvest where I did not sow, and I gather from where I did not scatter! You should have then put my money with the bankers, and having come I would have received my own with interest!
“Take away therefore from him the talanton*, and give to him having the ten* talanta*, for to everyone who has will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even that which he has will be taken away from him. And throw the useless slave out into the outer darkness; in that place will be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.*”