C
CSN
Guest
I am a big believer in miracles. In their existence, their veracity, and ultimately, their power to convert…
I note that there’s a tendency to brush them off, saying they are not important to the faith. I entirely disagree. To me, miracles are the single most convincing reason believe in the existence of God in general, and in the truth of the Catholic Church in particular (because I hold that despite the claims of miracles of every religion, only the Catholic Church has medically documented, scientifically documented inexplicable phenomena that have occurred in its name).
Having said the foregoing, I have at times looked for the medical journals or other scientific documents that have supposedly discussed experiments conducted on various relics, etc.
For example, I read that the World Health Organization commissioned scientists to study the Eucharistic Miracle at Lanciano. Also, the panel of doctors at Lourdes would (I presume) have published some kind of medical reports.
In the end, I have a question - does anyone have copies of such documents ? Like copies of medical journal articles or the official report to the WHO (etc.) ?
I am asking this because an atheist friend of mine said that he would seriously consider these things with an open mind, provided that I give him such firsthand evidence.
Thanks in advance…
I note that there’s a tendency to brush them off, saying they are not important to the faith. I entirely disagree. To me, miracles are the single most convincing reason believe in the existence of God in general, and in the truth of the Catholic Church in particular (because I hold that despite the claims of miracles of every religion, only the Catholic Church has medically documented, scientifically documented inexplicable phenomena that have occurred in its name).
Having said the foregoing, I have at times looked for the medical journals or other scientific documents that have supposedly discussed experiments conducted on various relics, etc.
For example, I read that the World Health Organization commissioned scientists to study the Eucharistic Miracle at Lanciano. Also, the panel of doctors at Lourdes would (I presume) have published some kind of medical reports.
In the end, I have a question - does anyone have copies of such documents ? Like copies of medical journal articles or the official report to the WHO (etc.) ?
I am asking this because an atheist friend of mine said that he would seriously consider these things with an open mind, provided that I give him such firsthand evidence.
Thanks in advance…