The son of God!

  • Thread starter Thread starter twinc
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twinc

Guest
Adam had neither earthly father or mother and so was truly the son of God[Lk.3:38] - any comments - twinc
 
Adam was a creation of God.

I happen to knit cute little dolls. They are not my children though they have no earthly father or mother and were created by me.

I also have two daughters and a son to whom I gave birth. They are my children. My dolls are not my children.

If I happened to be a rocket scientist and created an artificial intelligence whom I was able to ‘package’ in sophisticated electronics to ‘look’ like a human being, that AI would still not be my ‘child’.

Because God in His great mercy gave us His own Son through whom we are redeemed, all of us have been ‘adopted’ by God, no longer his creations or slaves but His children. . .

Not by virtue of His creating us, but by virtue of His redeeming us.

Twinc, a question for you –

Are you Hispanic in origin? Every time you open a thread, you always put an ‘exclamation mark’ at the end of the title, even if it’s only a phrase and not a sentence --why is that?
 
Adam had neither earthly father or mother and so was truly the son of God[Lk.3:38] - any comments - twinc
Perfectly biblical, as you note.

What other comment do you expect?

tee
 
Adam was a creation of God.

I happen to knit cute little dolls. They are not my children though they have no earthly father or mother and were created by me.

I also have two daughters and a son to whom I gave birth. They are my children. My dolls are not my children.

If I happened to be a rocket scientist and created an artificial intelligence whom I was able to ‘package’ in sophisticated electronics to ‘look’ like a human being, that AI would still not be my ‘child’.

Because God in His great mercy gave us His own Son through whom we are redeemed, all of us have been ‘adopted’ by God, no longer his creations or slaves but His children. . .

Not by virtue of His creating us, but by virtue of His redeeming us.

Twinc, a question for you –

Are you Hispanic in origin? Every time you open a thread, you always put an ‘exclamation mark’ at the end of the title, even if it’s only a phrase and not a sentence --why is that?
superfluous since the Bible as the word of God at LK.3:38 says son of God - surely God knows who is or is not His son - twinc
 
Adam had neither earthly father or mother and so was truly the son of God[Lk.3:38] - any comments - twinc
So I guess that makes me truly God’s great-grandson several times removed. I think its still a figure of speech-not sure what the relevance would be anyway.
 
So I guess that makes me truly God’s great-grandson several times removed. I think its still a figure of speech-not sure what the relevance would be anyway.
yes exactly - sonship lost by Adam,restored by Christ the second Adam - twinc
 
the Bible as the word of God at LK.3:38 says son of God
Technically it just reads ‘of’ instead of ‘son of’.
It does mean 'son of ’ since the list starts with Jesus son of Joseph
but there is no ‘uios tou/son of’ just ‘tou/of’ in the Grk from verse 24-38.

Some translators put ‘son’ in italics to show that
‘uios/son’ isn’t there.

So the text can read from Luke 3
“…Seth of Adam of God.”

just a small detail for your thread.
 
Basic Catholic teaching regarding Adam and Eve is found in the
Catechism of the Catholic Church, Second Edition, ISBN: 1-57455-109-4
Paragraphs 355-421.

The good news of Jesus Christ follows in Paragraph 422, etc.

One can put the word paragraph and the number in the Catechism’s search bar in link www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
Entering topics, like Adam, is also very useful.

When you enter a paragraph number, like “paragraph 355”, and then click on the opening line, CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 355 you will see the following under the paragraph:

»
»
»
»

​


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top