The Trump campaign is celebrating a massive 33.1 percent increase in growth domestic product

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sirach2

Really good news for Trump! Article here.
GDP number just announced. Biggest and Best in the History of our Country, and not even close. Next year will be FANTASTIC!!! However, Sleepy Joe Biden and his proposed record setting tax increase, would kill it all. So glad this great GDP number came out before November 3rd."

“This record economic growth is absolute validation of President Trump’s policies which create jobs and opportunities for Americans in every corner of the country. The President built the world’s best economy once and he’s rapidly doing it again, proving that cutting taxes and reducing regulations and red tape clear the way for American ingenuity and our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive. We have regained more than half of the jobs lost to the global pandemic in less than six months, while it took more than two years to regain half of job losses from a recession while Joe Biden was in charge," Trump 2020 Communications Director Tim Murtaugh released in a statement. “President Trump will continue to safely reopen the country, while Biden is the candidate of lockdowns, inviting another economic shutdown which would devastate working people and cause even more health problems above and beyond what the coronavirus has caused.”
In addition, more good news.
New claims for unemployment benefits fell to 751,000 in the week ended October 24, the Department of Labor said Thursday.

That marks a decline of 40,000 from the previous week’s revised level. Economists had expected around 758,000 jobless claims.

The initial claims number is the lowest since March.
Article here.

Last edited:
Easy thing to understand. Bring americas companies home and create jobs, plus our domestic production also grows. I never liked shipping jobs to other nations and leaving us dry. I hope if Joe gets elected that this can continue. No need to be partisan in this.

But, politicians will do what politicians do. I did this. They all do it. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Nixon and so on. I did this.

Last edited:
… with the help of $7 trillion thanks to Congress and the Fed Reserve.

GDP is calculated by money supply times velocity so it can only go up at this point.

Doesn’t mean no one is hurting.

Last edited:
If you were really astute, you would know that several other media sources reported the same facts. I didn’t see a need to print links to them all. 😉

Last edited:
The rise in the 3rd quarter is large only because the drop in the 2nd quarter was equally large. If Trump owns the 3rd quarter, he owns the 2nd quarter as well.

So, we really tanked it in Q1 and Q2, but Q3 is gonna look great! Who falls for this?

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
Who falls for it? I hope no one. These sort of election week antics really should be ignored. They are a red flag that something is rotten. I also recommend ignoring polls. There is only one poll that matters.

The headlines that have been popping up here are absolutely hilarious! They are so obviously desperate. I keep expecting one side to accuse the other of eating kittens.

Last edited:
True but Trump is a day trader who cares nothing about past failures. Notice he said nothing about the 37% market crash that occurred earlier this year.

He keeps hailing his big tax cuts of 2017 but the truth is the markets have netted near zero since then. Market volatility however has gained.

Seems you are a cynic who is eager to punctures others’ optimism.

I look at it this way. GDP could have continued the slide for yet another quarter, even worse than Q2, or possibly break even, with any luck. However, it exceeded the expectations of analysts well beyond what might have been dreamed of. 😲 That speaks pretty loud to me.

However, it exceeded the expectations of analysts well beyond what might have been dreamed of. 😲 That speaks pretty loud to me.
Yes, the optimist in me says it’s great. The pessimist in me says it just got us back to par. I don’t know.

I feel greatly for people who are out of work and people who are struggling.

Did you read the second caption in my OP about the unemployment claims? (Especially the second paragraph)
New claims for unemployment benefits fell to 751,000 in the week ended October 24, the Department of Labor said Thursday.

That marks a decline of 40,000 from the previous week’s revised level. Economists had expected around 758,000 jobless claims.
I have the feeling things are looking up, at least for the moment.

Last edited:
Mr President, Stop it !

First Barret and now this ? In less than a week ?

Too much Mr President ! Too much winning !

Please, it’s as you said, too much winning !

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back