I
IHeartBenedict
Guest
I want to use a post of mine from another thread as an OP. I know there’s probably too many threads on this subject already, but I was challenged on this post, and I want to have stats in this OP to back me up. I said:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5299/gender.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1827/agekn.jpg
Source: John Jay Study (The Nature and Scope of the Problem of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests and Deacons in the United States )
- Pedophelia is not the problem in the Church. Sine 98% of these reported (yet unproven) cases took place with boys who were early teens, the real problem is homosexuality. So, we cannont solve the problem unless we know what the problem is. Its homosexuality, NOT pedophelia. (it is still bad, but it is not the same.)
- You would never know about this because the media portrayed it wrongly. You see, the media PROMOTES homosexality as an alternative lifestyle, so they could not say that homosexality was the problem, lest they show themselves as the hypocrites they are. But, pedophelia was guarenteed to arouse anger, and since the media hates the Church, that is how they reported it.
- However, on the topic of pedophilia: The highest rate of pedophilia crimes happen within families (step-fathers, uncles, etc.). So those who try to connect it with celibacy make a poor case.
- The percentage of priests who have been accused (not convicted, just accused) of child abuse, falls below the national average. So why doesn’t the news complain about the problem in America in general? Probably because they are not really concerned about the issue, they just want to bash Catholics.
- Why are there not similar problems among priests in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East? I mean, if “celibacy” is making them do it (as some claim) or if it a uniquely Catholic problem (which it is not) then it would be happening everywhere, wouldn’t it? So why does it only happen in first-world western nations? Because our culture has become so debased and filthy that all manner of
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5299/gender.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1827/agekn.jpg
Source: John Jay Study (The Nature and Scope of the Problem of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests and Deacons in the United States )