P
planehopr
Guest
I think there are many instances in history where people are willing to die for their beliefs. They may be causes, religious beliefs, political battles, wars. Throughout history, I think, people have shown a willingness to die for things they support and believe in–even if those ideologies turn out to be false or misguided.planehopr-
Why do you suppose that these people were willing to die for their beliefs?
When people claim to have supernatural experiences. I believe them, or rather, I believe they believe. Their experiences may seem to be very real to them. I remain skeptical about the truth of their encounter, but I don’t deny people can have profound experiences that cause them to believe things with all their heart. Same with Christians–I believe they believe. I’m cool with that. But that does not make me believe what they believe.
Now I’m certainly not going to pretend I’m God and actually claim to know if Christianity is misguided somehow or down right false–I don’t know, but I want to know. I actually want to believe. It would make things a lot better for me if I did. My conscience just has trouble believing in big things that may have other explanations–even if we have no way of explaining them right now.