The what's for dinner thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter petitfleur
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe pretty please? Sounds fabulous! 😃
I’ll post or PM you tomorrow. I’m on a date now and away from my kitchen. (I’m posting now because the fiance had to get gas, so I have time. Can you tell I’m a forum addict?)
 
I’ll post or PM you tomorrow. I’m on a date now and away from my kitchen. (I’m posting now because the fiance had to get gas, so I have time. Can you tell I’m a forum addict?)
Lol. 😃
Thanks. No hurry. Hope your date went well. Ah dating…I miss dates! Can’t wait till my birthday, when I will get two whole hours of alone date time with my handsome hubby!
 
Sometimes if we are late getting home, my wife will fix chipped beef and gravy. However the way she makes it is without the fat. It is one of my favorites.
 
Well, we have company coming over tonight later (after dinner), but I thought I would make some Thai appetizers. I am making chicken satay (chicken on skewers either grilled or broiled marinated in tamarind paste, fish sauce, lemon grass, and garlic, with a spicy peanut dipping sauce) and I am also making spring rolls (they will be stuffed with a ground pork flavored with ginger, garlic, saracha, and liquid aminos (instead of soy sauce) and also carrots, and bell pepper with a sweet Thai chili dipping sauce). Also I am thinking of making some spiked Thai Ice Tea where you use Baileys instead of cream.
 
I’ll post or PM you tomorrow. I’m on a date now and away from my kitchen. (I’m posting now because the fiance had to get gas, so I have time. Can you tell I’m a forum addict?)
Why pm I would love that recipe too!
 
Chicken Satay (sweet/spicy peanut sauce) with onions, carrots, green peppers and mushrooms stir fried in sesame oil, and brown jasmine rice./

Ohhhhh I haven’t made satay in ages, I bet at least some of the kids would like it

Also Thai red curry=delicious! I did get the kids to eat green curry once without to much crying.
 
Oh…and tonight we are going to Lou Malnati’s for some Chicago delight!
 
Made dinner out of things ihad in the fridge. A hash with some peppers, onions, banana peppers and frozen hash browns topped with fried eggs.
I made a plum cake to use up some plums I bought earlier in the week.
 
oooohhhh Lou Malnati’s…sigh…makes me want to go to chicago!!!

for us, DH’s football team is now practicing at night so dinner is either really easy or take-out. tonight i’m planning on making cheese-burger pasta ‘helper’ type dish from Aldi. i LOVE theirs, and not the name brand one at all.

kids will likely have plain pasta, we’ll all have salad. trying to work those veggies into the menu is hard after too long of NOT having enough. also probably fresh fruit later for a snack.

planning a weekend long cooking marathon on labor day weekend so dinner will be pre-made hopefully for quite a while after that!
 
everyone please also check out my ‘cheap dinner ideas’ thread for recipes, and PLEASE leave one if you have one to offer! i’m re-vamping my food budget after DH took a new job and need to find quick, nutritious easy dishes for my VERY picky child. (my DD takes medication that deadens her appitite, plus she is VERY picky to start with!) a battle i’m constantly facing. DH and DS are perfectly ok with whatever i put on the table…
 
That sounds yummy! Usually in the UK, Shepherds Pie is made with minced lamb(as in shepherd and his sheep). When mince beef is used, then we call it Cottage Pie.
I think I will try your chicken recipe tomorrow. Thanks 👍
I am making Shepherd’s pie tonight with minced lamb. Also, onion, peas and carrots, brown gravy, topped with mashed potatoes. Smells tangier than ground beef. Hope it is good. I like lamb in other dishes, but this is a new one for me, thanks to your tip for authentic Shepherd’s pie. Thanks! 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top