O
oldcatholicguy
Guest
-The term is Muslim, not “Muhammadan.” The latter term is no different than calling a Catholic a “Papist,” a Fundamentalist Christian a “Fundie,” etc.I didn’t mean that.
Muhammad is a example! I’m not a Muhammadan. I said if he has good fruits, he can’t be a faulse prophet because: “nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit”
I just mean some people who have such claims, has both good and bad fruits, but according to the bible one tree can’t has both: “A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit”
-The way in which you are interpreting Scripture still results in my above. Based on there being “good fruits” that can be found in Islam as well as “bad fruits” I would hazard a guess that the interpretation of Scripture is incorrect. This guess is also supported by Church teaching that “good fruits” can be found among all the various faiths in the world and that the Catholic faith is the real faith (i.e. not all faiths are equal in how true they are to the understanding and worship of God).
-There is also the issue of the source of the “good fruits” in Islam. Did said fruits arise from Muhammad, or did said fruits arise from those teachings of Judaism and Christianity that were incorporated into Islam?