To all of you that think Michael Moore is a big fat stupid Jerk

• Thread starter Thread starter Bill_A
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
4th Amendment Text: 👍

[The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,](javascript:changer(‘explain/133_explain.html’,‘133’)) [and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.](javascript:changer(‘explain/134_explain.html’,‘134’))

I see nothing here about being observed in public. If someone is watching over me in public, I am more “secure in my person”

A Reasonable Expectation of Privacy. The Fourth Amendment specifically protects the people “in their persons, houses, papers, and effects.” Therefore, the Supreme Court originally interpreted this phrase to limit the Fourth Amendment to actual invasions of certain defined locations, such as the home or the physical body. Under this theory, for example, the Court held in Olmstead v. United States (1928) that the Fourth Amendment did not require a warrant for wiretapping, if the listening devices were located outside the home.
But the Supreme Court later overturned the Olmstead decision in *Katz v. United States *(1967). The Court ruled that “the Fourth Amendment protects people, not places.” Thus, the Court held that the amendment applied not just in homes, but wherever a person had “a reasonable expectation of privacy.” Thus, said the Court, the Fourth Amendment protected Katz from a wiretap placed on the outside of a public phone booth, because he had a reasonable expectation that his conversation would be private. Conversely, the Court held, “what a person knowingly exposes to the public, even in his own home” is not covered by the Fourth Amendment. Applying this “reasonable expectation of privacy” test, the Supreme Court has still given a high level of Fourth Amendment protection to the home and its surrounding area. But the Court ruled in California v. Greenwood (1988) that garbage bags placed on the curb outside a home for pickup had been exposed to the public sufficiently to remove a reasonable expectation of privacy. Even though the garbage bags were opaque and sealed, said the Court, narcotics officers could open them and use the evidence found inside. In Kyllo v. United States (2001), however, the Court declined to treat heat waves escaping from a home like garbage bags discarded on the sidewalk. Suspecting Kyllo of growing marijuana, agents used a thermal imaging device to scan his home for evidence of high-intensity lamps. The police then used the results of that test to obtain a search warrant for Kyllo’s home, where they discovered a closet full of marijuana plants. The Supreme Court held that Kyllo did have a reasonable expectation of privacy from police surveillance of his home, if the search was carried out by high-tech equipment not in general use.

Plain View. An officer does not need a warrant to seize evidence that is in plain view, if the officer is where he or she legally has a right to be. When an officer stops someone for speeding, for example, he does not need a warrant to seize marijuana that is visible on the dashboard.

Again, If you aren’t doing anything wrong- you have NOTHING to worry about. The Constitution guarantees you that! See Amdendments 5&6. And yes you can dispute everything above with the 9th amendment. :yup: But that is what makes this country great. We have the right to be free and have that freedom protected.

40.png
aimee:
By the way the title of this thread is very uncharitable!
Aimee, maybe it’s a takeon the title of his book “Stupid White Men.”
Lisa N

BTW Michael Moore has every right to be a blowhard and spread misinformation and distort truth through his fake-umentary films.

However this hate-triot should practoce what he preaches.

40.png
chicago:
I think it is a shame that Churches are increasingly adding security cameras. No longer can one be alone with God. It’s more like “me and you and some priest or who knows who”.
We have cameras,but i don’t think either of the priests sits watching for any length of time.When i want a Mass Card signed,
i have to grab hold of the priest who happens to be saying the 10am.Mass.We had the Tabernacle stolen some years ago,hence the necessity for the cameras.I think it is just a case of we have it on film if something like that does happen again,whether or not anyone is monitoring what is going on.If people would just visit the church in the afternoons,thievery wouldn’t happen.With a Mass on in the morning and people like the Sacristan there for a while after Mass,the church is not so vulnerable at that time.I’ve visited before 3pm and have noticed young mothers waiting outside the catholic primary school next door for their young children coming out at 3pm.I wonder why they don’t spend that waiting time in the church and steer their
children in that direction.

40.png
FightingFat:
It’s well worth watching Jock! Trouble with Mr. Moore is he is blatently politically biased, which is a shame because if he wasn’t, more people might pay attention to some very good points he makes!
If it’s available from Amazon.co.uk i’ll probably order it.

40.png
Bill_A:
Most of what he says in his films is rather tame.

In Baltimore Maryland one small nieghborhood has 200 Cameras? What for? Walmart, and Big shavers and probably hundreds of products, maybe even car tires have tracking chips… One city, here Baltimore has 50,000 boarded up houses.

The G0v3rnm3nt is putting up hundreds of signs with secret codes in the US and in your nieghborhood. Blue and white signs, with pictures of trains for train stations, golf courese, computer information centers and arrows pointing God knows where. So when it starts going down. You will know where to go to get shiped. Some of you people need to wake up and smell the eagle droppings. You know who you are. Get out of the mansion and the $50,000 SUV and smell the coffee. You are straying from the good shepard.

When you go out in the world tommorow. Take the Bag off your face and have a nice look around.

Terrorists are the least of our worries.
Are you Art Bell?

While reading this thread, I couldn’t help but be reminded of this joke. It’s hilarious ROFL!
Pizza Delivery, Star Date 2010
Operator: “Thank you for calling Pizza Hut. May I have your…” Customer: “Hi, I’d like to order.” Operator: “May I have your NIDN first, sir?”

Customer: “My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it’s 6102049998-45-54610.”

Operator: “Thank you, Mr. Sheehan. I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number’s 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302 and your cell number’s 266-2566. Which number are you calling from, sir?”

Customer: “Huh? I’m at home. Where d’ya get all this information?”

Operator: “We’re wired into the system, sir.”

Customer: (Sighs) “Oh, well, I’d like to order a couple of your All-Meat Special pizzas…”

Operator: “I don’t think that’s a good idea, sir.”

Customer: “Whaddya mean?”

Operator: “Sir, your medical records indicate that you’ve got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won’t allow such an unhealthy choice.”

Customer: “Damn. What do you recommend, then?”

Operator: “You might try our low-fat Soybean Yogurt Pizza. I’m sure you’ll like it”

Customer: “What makes you think I’d like something like that?”

Operator: “Well, you checked out ‘Gourmet Soybean Recipes’ from your local library last week, sir. That’s why I made the suggestion.”

Customer: “All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then. What’s the damage?”

Operator: “That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids, sir. The ‘damage,’ as you put it, heh, heh, comes $49.99.”

Customer: “Lemme give you my credit card number.”

Operator: “I’m sorry sir, but I’m afraid you’ll have to pay in cash. Your credit card balance is over its limit.”

Customer: “I’ll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here.”

Operator: “That won’t work either, sir. Your checking account’s overdrawn.”

Customer: “Never mind. Just send the pizzas. I’ll have the cash ready. How long will it take?”

Operator: "We’re running a little behind, sir. It’ll be about 45 minutes, sir.

If you’re in a hurry you might want to pick 'em up while you’re out getting the cash, but carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward."

Customer: “How the hell do you know I’m riding a bike?”

Operator: “It says here you’re in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo’ed. But your Harley’s paid up, so I just assumed that you’d be using it.”

Customer: “@#%/$@&?#!”

Operator: “I’d advise watching your language, sir. You’ve already got a July 2006 conviction for cussing out a cop.”

Customer: (Speechless)

Operator: “Will there be anything else, sir?”

Customer: “No, nothing. oh, yeah, don’t forget the two free liters of Coke your ad says I get with the pizzas.”

Operator: "I’m sorry sir, but our ad’s exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics.

40.png
FightingFat:
It’s well worth watching Jock! Trouble with Mr. Moore is he is blatently politically biased, which is a shame because if he wasn’t, more people might pay attention to some very good points he makes!
A paradox. If he wasn’t so biased, he may not have any points to make.

watertower,

That is awesome…and not as unrealistic as some might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back