Tom Brokaw's swan song

• Thread starter Thread starter tom.wineman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tom.wineman

What was your take on Tom Brokaw’s swan song ?

I thought it was amusing when he said,
"Whatever the story, I had only one objective: to get it right."
All these years I thought he was trying to get it left 🙂

Wonder what direction his documentaries will take ?

tom.wineman said:

. :hmmm: … i liked Tom… 👍

tom.wineman said:

It would have been better if it happened earlier. To think some were seriously talking about this guy running for President at one point, I mean, gimme a break. I expect we shall see more of the same. When a nation is at war, it’s just too easy to, after the facts, critique, and offer opposition to it, anything will do, how it is being waged, the cost, the lives, etc. It makes good fodder for newsmen. And let’s face it hindsight is always so much more accurate than the original scenario.

Did anyone read Peggy Noonan’s take on Dan Rather??

opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110005969

She is very fair, as usual.

Me: There are two reactions I usually have to Tom, Dan, and Peter.

One is anger and disgust at their bias and arrogance.

The other is pity. Like most liberals, they are like frogs in a pot of boiling water. They know not what they do.

40.png
jlw:
Did anyone read Peggy Noonan’s take on Dan Rather??

opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110005969
Actually I thought she was kind and charitable. She was a young reporter working under him and her memories are tinged with fond nostalgia. She’s entitled. She was far nicer than anything I would have written.

Actually I thought she was kind and charitable. She was a young reporter working under him and her memories are tinged with fond nostalgia. She’s entitled. She was far nicer than anything I would have written.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
Since she actually knows the guy and based her opinion on that, and you’ve based you opinion on what Rush Limbaugh says, I can see why her piece is a lot nicer than whay you would have written.

40.png
Peacemonger:
Since she actually knows the guy and based her opinion on that, and you’ve based you opinion on what Rush Limbaugh says, I can see why her piece is a lot nicer than whay you would have written.
Now, she has to like Tom Brokaw? :confused: You are the only who metioned Rush Limbaugh.

40.png
Peacemonger:
My dislike and lack of respect for Mr. Rather goes back many years, based on both my professional life and personal opinion. It has nothing to do with Rush Limbaugh.

40.png
AmyS:
Now, she has to like Tom Brokaw? :confused: You are the only who metioned Rush Limbaugh.
Sometimes people feel they have to say “sumpin” about “sumpin” even though they haven’t a clue what they are talking about.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
My dislike and lack of respect for Mr. Rather goes back many years, based on both my professional life and personal opinion. It has nothing to do with Rush Limbaugh.
My bad. I just assumed most conservatives let Rush do their thinking for them. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
Sometimes people feel they have to say “sumpin” about “sumpin” even though they haven’t a clue what they are talking about.
I want mind reading abilities… It would make my life easier.

tom.wineman said:
WOW ! What ever happened to my Tom Brokaw thread 😦

gone with the wind… :eek:

go figure… :confused:

why wouldn’t anyone just wish him health, happiness, and goodwill for him and his family in retirement… just naive of me i suppose… :confused:

gee, I thought Mr. Brokaw was the best of the three. I think he should be wished well

40.png
TheKid:
gee, I thought Mr. Brokaw was the best of the three. I think he should be wished well
I agree, that of the three, he was the most tolerable.

But when news anchors go to Michael Moore premieres?? In an election year?? Come on…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back