Transgender and claiming you’re catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maddog15
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend, I would like to share a story with you. In my job I go to a lot of concerts, and see thousands and thousands of people. I went to a concert in a rural town, and a person I was with said “Have you noticed how everyone is ugly”. I looked around at everyone there and thought “How can I possibly know I have never had an opportunity to talk with them and find out who they are”, and then I realized something, looked back into this person’s eyes and thought to myself “you’re being superficial”.
 
Continued
There is a name for your situation=Gender Dysphoria. The question is: How does God want me to treat it? Your body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit. No tattoos( in Leviticus). Body Mutilation= I don’t think so. I’m not sure if there is a pill to clear this confusion. You have a heavy cross.
There are complications w surgeries. There is pain. Physical and psychological pain. Staying in the girl body, makes you feel uncomfortable. That can be managed w acceptance, prayer, counseling w your priest and a church certified psychologist. Look in mirror and tell yourself that this is your deck of cards dealt to you. You’ll only be here 60+ yrs. Be involved w church, work and family. Dress w straight lines and pant suits. Less frilly??? Suggestion. Prayer and grace.
Our faith in God is to be passionate. He’s Your best friend and wants you to be consumed w him. Song of Solomon is a confusing book. It is sensual. It portrays God’s love for His church as all consuming. When you first meet someone to whom you are attracted, you talk incessantly. You want to be w them forever.
That glow you feel, He wants us to have that.
So, loving God, Being active in church and work. Throw in a hobby. You’ll be exhausted and forget your name. Can you mentally, train yourself to be in a romantic relationship and marry and have children?? There are homosexual Christian men who chose to forgo their lusts and love God first and marry and act out a normal life. We are given self-control. Happiness is not in the world. It is in your spiritual life. You can have happiness w setting Godly goals and achieving them.
As a married woman, I can’t have free for all sex. I’m not a sex toy. I am a treasure. I am a precious woman able to carry a new life.
God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change. The COURAGE to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference.
I’m not walking in your moccasins. You will have discomforts. Either way, you’ll be unhappy. If you have expensive sex change operation, things will not look normal. If you approach a girl, and she finds out, you’ve had surgery, it may not go over so well. If you were a guy switching to a girl, the male date gets very angry. God is out of that formula.
I pray you chose God and training your brain to accept who you are. If you look around, there will be those who will tell you what you want to hear. There is comfort and joy following God’s path in our lives. His path is found in the Bible.
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice
 
Celibacy w gender identity is b/c scripture states you do not sleep w ppl of same sex. Scripture says we are to be pure in mind, thought and deed. Unless married, we are celibate. Can a person w Gender Dysphoria get married and live out a Godly life? I feel they can. But, it would be strange for them. Depends on their therapy and acceptance.???
 
I believe I said I didn’t like the way some young females dress. It is not the dress itself that is the message, it is the desired portrait of themselves that I don’t like. What are they trying to be, what are they basing their value on?
 
Celibacy w gender identity is b/c scripture states you do not sleep w ppl of same sex.
Not all trans people are attracted to members of their biological sex. At any rate, it doesn’t relate in any way to the OP’s concerns.
 
You’re a nice guy or girl. I would have replied to that person “the sin is in the eye of the beholder, take another look in the mirror of your soul”.
I am mean. And superficial. But I don’t think I am superficial when I say to a confused sister that she is just too focused on what thing in her life she does not understand and as it usually happens from my experience, this is a highway to misery. No matter what that thing is.
Hey, but sad story you said. Someone who sees all people ugly is someone very unhappy. Maybe justified. Maybe people hurt him/her. I have had a mediocre life so I am no fit jury but I do.imagine that bitter people do have an excuse of some sort. It is usually hard for us humans to forgive significant .
 
Not all trans people are attracted to members of their biological sex. At any rate, it doesn’t relate in any way to the OP’s concerns.
Yes. It goes a bit further. Gender identity and sexual preference are not related.
 
Not sure what celibacy has to do with gender identity.
The OP struggles with her faith and religion, how and whether it can coexist with the mismatch she feels about her body. That’s the question.

The Church recognizes and honours 3 states of life. Of the 3, the single, celibate life is most simple, least complex to faithfully follow the way of Christ, as proposed by St Paul. With this solid base and the help of a good spiritual director, any single person (including one with gender dysphoria) can achieve holiness, sainthood, joy.
 
The OP struggles with her faith and religion, how and whether it can coexist with the mismatch she feels about her body. That’s the question.
Exactly. She wasn’t talking about marriage, sexuality, or celibacy, so I’m confused as to why it’s being brought up.
 
I suspect this is not the time to make that as a lasting decision. Such things do not need to be done now. OP is only in college.
 
She wasn’t talking about marriage, sexuality, or celibacy
She talked about identity, which has many components. Since she did not mention “marriage, sexuality, or celibacy,” we might assume she has no difficulties right now in that area. Still, it does no harm to look ahead to positive options, as a bridge to the desired good of faith and religion, which is something the OP did mention.

Reiterate: under guidance of a good spiritual director.

@DarkLight see above, and … my daughter has a saying that I like “Plan your day.”
 
Last edited:
So there is this aspiration/quest for unity and wholeness.
A pull for harmony and oneness.
Not a dissonance within ourselves and with others
Is this what you mean?
 
Last edited:
Expanding on this, actually our bodies have a sex, not a gender. The construct of “gender” as something apart from the sex of the body is very new. And very unfortunate as it leads people to believe “they” were born in the wrong body. The idea that there is something called “gender” apart from our biological sex, a social construct, is only about 40 or 50 years old. It’s an ideology, not science.

It has wreaked havoc on many young people who mutiliate and hate their bodies instead of treating the underlying disorder.

I urge the OP to get Catholic psychological help.
The idea that either sex cannot accomodate any person born with that sex is also bound to cause dysphoria, and I do not mean gender dysphoria only. It introduces the idea that any one of us can have intrinsic and unchangeable characteristics that are incompatible with our Identity. It makes it possible for our self to be at war with itself . It puts a burden on us to measure up to stereotypes that are actually outside constructs. This makes self-dissastifaction and even self-hatred reasonable and even inevitable in certain persons.

We are at war with ourselves in only one sense: we are born in original sin. Our Lord Jesus Christ has redeemed each one of us from that primal disaffection from our true self. If we allow His Pascal Mystery to conquer that one thing, then all other ways in which we could be at war with ourselves are destined to be conquered, too. They may cause real suffering in this life, but they cannot conquer us as persons or rob our persons of essential integrity.
 
Last edited:
Sounds to me like you were given the gift of celibacy for His Kingdom. That concept is completely absent in our American society. But Jesus said some were born that way; celibate. If you struggle with the “lust of the flesh” join the club … we all do. But that doesn’t mean we were born adulterers or fornicators, it simply means that all such sins are love of this world which is passing away. Do you really think God made a mistake? or an error? That’s not possible. But it is possible that you were born celibate for His Kingdom and have failed to discern it; completely understandable in the times we live in. In our culture, a celibate male can be cast as a homosexual or scorned as a child molester if he seeks the priesthood. That’s simply because in the world today, there is no such thing as the gift of celibacy given by God for His Kingdom … yet Jesus said it was so.
Geez Louise! Let’s not scare off the poor kid!
 
First let me say I love your music analogy, it is beautifully put, and it rings true.

I believe that to be correct, but there arises a problem, a conflict, a tension, when who we are as individuals, uniquely painted on the canvas by God, contradicts how we are expected to be, or how we perceive others expect us to be. The resultant insecurity, is worked out through various means possibly depression, possibly rebellion, possibly mutilation none of them good.

But there is an underlying problem, and it can only be because of those two things, because it isn’t the person themselves.
 
Thank you,Darryl…
There is little if anything to add to what you wrote.
How important it is to take our shoes off when allowed into somebody’ s soul…
 
Last edited:
Darryl,
I agree but putting out that how we present ourselves, gives a message___ good or bad. For each action there is an equal and opposite reaction. NEWTON’s Third Law.
My brother, God bless his soul, dressed w a cowboy hat and boots and wore wrangler Jean pants and jacket. A member of Church, asked him if he was Texas? He said No but he turned around and said to me, they’re stupid. I said to him, if you dress like a cowboy, ppl will think you are a cowboy.
If my dress makes others have sinful thoughts, that’s partly my fault. It’s partly theirs b/c if a tempting thought goes through their brain, they are to reject it, not entertain it.
We’re partners in crime, so to speak. OR partners in grace.
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top