Transgender and claiming you’re catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maddog15
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with generalization is that no generalization is true, even this one.

There are some cases where surgery is necessary to preserve life. Those are also the cases where there is never any “regret” over surgery.

There are, unfortunately, plenty of cases where surgery is unwarranted but done anyway. Those are sad.
 
Since I was five years old I have wondered why my physical body resembles a
woman but everyone since I was five has told me everything about me fits a
boys/guys “stereotype” perfectly. I hate the fact that everyday I wonder
where my penis is- it kills me more and more each time and will continue
to. When I wake up and it’s the hardest thing when I remember that I am a
man trapped in a women’s body and I fight to fight for another day against
the world and society against me and my friends who are in the LGBT
community. In some situations I have to dress as a woman and I can’t
recongize myself and that’s when I want to cut off my breasts because I
have to wear bra instead of my everyday chest binder which compresses
my chest.

Thanks,
Matt Elsenheimer
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be” Albus
Dumbledore
 
Last edited:
I see, that helps to put things in perspective.

Now, what stereotypes do you fit perfectly about men, for instance?

But, thank you, after years of asking I think this is the best explanation of how gender dysphagia feels that I have ever gotten, so that I may understand. So, it feels like the member is missing? Is there a personal fixation on the thing? I believe that usually people don’t normally think about their genitalia so much.

So, would you say you view gender as part of your identity?

If any of this is intrusive don’t feel you need to answer.
 
My friend, I have had to take a little time to absorb this, because it pains me with the personal, my situation is a little complex. I have three children they are all boys, I love them all, but I do not have a daughter, and I cannot have a daughter, because during the birth of my last child, if it were not for the C-snip, I would have lost both mother and child. I got to see and hold my last-born child before my wife did, and he was so beautiful, little hands little feet eyes, God given, looking at me with beautiful serene eyes, viewing the world he was born into, a very tranquil moment for me, in a very horrible situation of witnessing my wife slit left to right. My wife decided possibly under duress to have her tubes tied at the same time as the C. I was not in a state to make such an important decision either but I did, and just simply agreed. So I do not have a daughter, though I do have this void in my soul where a daughter should have been. Since becoming Catholic I have sought to convince my wife to undo what we did together, no matter how much it cost, because I bear the loss, and we can pay for our mistakes.
 
I’m sorry that sounds like a very hard cross to bear and I really hope you are able to find some good support for your gender dysphoria. For what it’s worth I don’t think there is anything wrong with you dressing in a male way or acting stereotypically male it’s just that I think you need to have realistic expectations about whether you can “become a man,”. I worry a lot of people in your situation are being told a lie and set up for disappointment.
 
God made the decision which sex we are when we were born. It’s like a pattern for a sewing project. It has holes for arms, legs and head. Our body is a pattern. We must learn to live in our pattern. Altering the pattern, it doesn’t fit.
We all have suffering, somewhere in our lives. Those w sexual thoughts that are confused, can get help to align their mind w their body. Body mutilation is a bizarre journey to take to solve a mind, body miscommunication. Gender Identity problems are real but how you treat it could get sinful, in God’s view. He sets the pattern.
Celibacy is demanded of all of us, unless married. Heterosexuals are to be faithful.
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice
 
Salutations,
Words have power. It’s not what goes into our mouth that is sinful but what comes out of our mouths.
NAKED IS NAKED! Nudists are comfortable in their own skin( pun intended) SNARKLE SNARKLE!
The naked body is beautiful when in shape.
Old age dims our vision so our Spouses still look good. HAHA.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Certain body parts are involved w pleasures created for procreation. There is beauty and holiness in romantic moments. If I have to explain that-someone has lost a beautiful part of romance.
Clothes in culture. As less clothes are worn, the sexual reaction can get less as clothes stay less.
Perchance, there is a population that reacts to things differently. There are sick ppl and evil in the world. Rape is not a sex crime but a power crime. Items can be submitted for anatomical parts. All true. Then,
As someone said, it’s an issue of modesty.
We, as women, have suffered sexual exploitation for centuries, clothed or unclothed. Can’t we come together to build or sisters up to see themselves as beautiful inside and out? We are treasures to carry children in a family setting. Reproduction is the closest we get to being God. Motherhood is a beautiful goal, not an inconvenience.
We can fight for women to raise their standard to be cherished, not used and left behind.
Modesty in mind, body and soul.
But, I did witness this: a young woman, around 30yo. was dressed in a very high mini w a stretch top w no sleeves and top of abd. was exposed. Men around her were drooling… Her underwear was questionable?? She had 3 men hovering over her… just saying.
Back to Modesty… please God.
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice
 
Gender Dysphoria, from what I’ve read and heard, is a terrible and excruciating cross to bear. My father’s coworker had a son with this affliction. I really do have sympathy for anyone suffering from this.

Nevertheless, I cannot condone unnecessary medical procedures. We can’t change anyone’s biological sex. All we’re creating is an elaborate disguise. We all must accept God’s Will and carry our crosses.

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.”

We have to accept ourselves to a certain degree; however, only through God can we become someone truly exceptional.
 
It is catholic theology that the soul doesn’t have a gender but the body does.

I hope that helps. Also without saying much more… be yourself. People will often persecute what they do not understand.

Joan of Arc had problems with how she was perceived by others because of qualities she had that were seen as masculine at the time.

You might find more support in alternative subculture than at Church while you are young.

I am a Goth so I kinda get it…

But hey I’m still a believer.

I also have little tolerance for nonsense or persecution disguised as charity.

Someone very close to me was trans and died because of some of this.

Be you… wherever that leads is between you and God ultimately.

Edit:

“The only difference between a saint and a sinner is every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde.

“The only difference between a saint and a sinner is the saint knows it’s a sinner.” - I Forget.
 
Last edited:
Blessings,
Having a baby is a beautiful thing. There are a few horrible life threatening conditions that can kill Moms. When, a trauma happens in delivery, the doctor realizes the Mom cannot survive another pregnancy. She is cut open w husband looking at her insides hanging out. The situation is explained under duress but it would be insane to sew her up and then, discuss it, exposing an unstable Mom to go through a tubal ligation later. Of course, we Catholics aren’t suppose to have tubal ligation done. The mothers life in the future is at stake. No more kids!
So, how could you want a reversal, if possible, to have a girl when your wife can’t have kids or risk her life, again??
Glad you are a loving husbsnd and Father BUT
ADOPT A GIRL!!

We are all Gods children. A little girl is somewhere, needing your love
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice
 
My wife and child were only in danger that pregnancy. My wife dilated to half-way normally, and then she quite literally un-dilated. I have researched this on the internet, and there is not much of a support group for this, there are even claims of “no” un-dilation simply does not happen. I was there I know it does, our mid-wife was there and saw, doctors were called and saw. The baby was large this time, and my wife was incapable of delivering him. Her body reacted with a “sorry cannot do it”, she went into a state of shock and began closing down.

I call that duress, and I do apologize to the OP who might like the idea of being male, just simply for the sake of not enduring that pain.
 
Dear Darryl B,
It sounds like Cepholo-Pelvic Disproportion. Her pelvis was too small to deliver babies head. If a Mom keeps pushing too early, what happens is her cervix swells. This mimicks a closing effect of cervix but it is swelling of cervix which makes the opening smaller. DILATATION AND EFFACEMENT DONT GO BACKWARDS.
God we are grateful for a successful but scary delivery. Bless this family.
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice
 
Thanks for your research. I have researched the “causes” of cepholopelvic disproportion and found the majority of reasons to not actually fit the situation, so I can rule them out as factors, there is only really one which remains. I also believe that the appearance of backward dilation was not due to cervix swelling, my wife had done that easily before. But the lack of progress could have produced a reversal of progress.

With regard to the discussion of tube-tying, this moment was the first it was discussed, and the reason against performing such an act as put forward by the doctors in consultation was, “If you have a child die some couples choose to have a replacement”. So we first of all under duress, have to imagine losing another of our children, and then finally consider that a family is composed of just numbers not unique souls. You cannot replace a child. Is this really the best argument to consider against. At the time my wife and I were both protestant, my wife still is, and she has avoided to reverse the operation because she is morbidly afraid of operations.

In terms of adopting as you suggested, the answer is no, I am happy with the concept of orphanages, I have had too many adopted friends rebel against their adopted parents, and it would have been better for them I think if they did not have that.

I would like to get back to the topic of transgender and claiming you’re Catholic, and I will live with my own cross.

(And I will add I am indirectly sharing information relevant to the OP).
 
Last edited:
It is extremely important that you receive this in way it’s intended. This is not a slam against you! When you read the very first chapter of the Bible, God tells us very clearly that in the beginning He made Man and the the woman from man. There are two sexes. PERIOD. All the gender bending and alphabet soup sexuality is just one more device among many that the enemy of your soul is using to keep you away from Jesus and out of heaven. God made you a female. So you don’t like dressing prissy like princess. So What! Wearing lace doesn’t make you a woman. God did that! You like sports and fishing or riding horses? Sounds like you’re a lot of fun. When it comes to intimacy; sex is for married men and women in their individual marriage. That is not meant to deny anyone. That is simply by God’s design. Please understand that the heterosexual who engages in fornication or adultery is no less sinful in his/her immorality than the one involved in homosexual activity. Sex is by design to be confined to the marriage relationship. Anything outside that context is sin. Look at Genesis 6. There isn’t a human being alive who has not at some time in life desired to be engaged intimately with another at some point. We are made to procreate. Please realize that if you have a desire that is not in line with God’s design, it’s not the temptation or desire that is the sin. It is what we do with it. I got married later in life and just like you or any of my heterosexual friends, there were times I would have loved to throw caution to the wind and live according to desire. But you have the power of God that doesn’t just save you for your sins but literally can deliver you from sin’s power over you! That is awesome. Talk to your priest, your parents if you can. Make the effort to find some accountability friends that will commit to pray with and for you. Disassociate your self from anything that makes you feel like that’s ok and God understands. God understands more than we just what price He paid for our salvation. And He will not have us accepting sin and simply giving in to the desires of the flesh. God bless you! Be strong in the Lord, pray without ceasing and fast. You will have victory just like the rest of us who struggle with our own particular issues. That old devil is good at his craft. He’s been working a long time. but he is no match for the Redeemer! God loves you.
 
Dear Darryl,
Undilating cannot occur BUT, someone could notice her cervix go from a 7cm to a 4 cm. Now, you can see the opening going from larger to smaller. Dilating is small to larger. Undilating, one would go large to small. BUT THE CERVIX IS NOT GETTING LARGER OR UNDILATING. The cervix is swollen and increases the cervix in size, narrowing the opening.
It is a matter of semantics in one way. It would be correct to say her cervix swelled related to constant pushing of a baby’s head against her cervix. Cephalo-pelvic disproportion. There are measurements taken during pregnancy. Ultrasound gets closer to accuracy.
It is possible for an error to be made on measurements and not be negligent. Human anatomy can give us surprises. The baby became distressed and could die. As you saw your wife wasn’t happy. A C-section is nearer than having insides hanging out but in an emergency, the incision isn’t neat. I apologize for “ insides hanging out” comment.
I was a critical care RN. Emergencies aren’t neat. Normal deliveries aren’t neat.
First, opening up tied Fallopian tubes is delicate. There is a surgical risk w all reversals. We don’t know is reconnection will be successful. Is it worth risking your wife’s life for this?
After a C-section, a normal birth could happen. Uterine rupture is a possibility. There is a scar in the uterus. The contractions can be so strong, the scar tears open. If a babies head is large, again, back to emergency. If pregnant, they can do an elective C-section.
Her tubal ligation may not reversible. Sometimes they cut an inch of tube and tie both ends. If part of tube cut out=NO GO.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things, I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
In Jesus Name.
Tweedlealice
 
Is being transgender a lifelong sin even when you can’t even recognize yourself as the gender from birth?
Not at all, there are any number of people suffering from one delusion or another- thinking they are something they aren’t. Being confused and thinking you a broad when you are actually a man is no more sinful than thinking you are Napoleon Bonaparte. Disturbing perhaps to others, but not a sin.
 
TA perhaps you have posted in the wrong thread and to the wrong person.
 
Hi Blackfriar,
It is a curious thing! I sent this to DARRYL. It was on his thread. I don’t know why you got it. Mishap. Sorry, LOL??
In Christs love
Tweedlealice
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top