T
tee
Guest
I was wondering, if you have dreams of being possessed or encounter some sort of devil possession in your dreams does that mean there’s something wrong with you? Do you think, it something to bother a priest about?
Well, that depends. If you live with your family and are underage, than you must tell the priest they might be against the blessing and exorcism. If you are not underage, than just have the priest bless your room and do the exorcism there. If you can’t get the blessing or the exorcism, than pray very much and trust in God.What do you do if your family is against the priest doing a blessing and the priest thinks the idea of exorcisms, etc. is silly? Also, what if members of your family have books and tapes on things that might be of demonic related matters, such as books on Hinduism, Buddhism and whoever knows what else and absolutely refuse to get rid of them? So you fear that even if any evil spirits leave, they may only return?![]()
![]()
![]()
I have never heard of anyone dying during an exorcism. But I have heard that, at times, Satan tries to trick priests by making the victim appear dead, or near death, so as to stop their efforts at saving the soul. And I have never heard of a possessed soul being rejected by God’s Mercy, but I know God’s Mercy excludes no one and the same power He gives to priest to exorcise, He can use on souls whom have not been cured in this life, for it is the divine power. Nor have I heard of a possessed victim not being exorcised at some time, but I know that some souls give their bodies and souls over to the devil and reject God, accepting Hell.What about the people who die during exorcisms?
What if you call the priest who offers to do an exorcism for you and he never responds to the call and you no longer have his number but your local priest does not really believe in exorcism stuff and thinks you are being stupid/imagining things/crazy by mentioning it?
That’s an invalid exorcism (I say invalid because I don’t know the technical term). I’m talking about valid exorcisms (again, I don’t know the technical term).Here’s an exorcism death: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4112568.stm![]()
Bedtime Protection Prayer
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, strengthened by the intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of Blessed Michael the Archangel, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and all the Saints and Angels of Heaven, and powerful in the holy authority of the name His Name, I subject my mind and my dreams only to the work of the Holy Spirit. I ask you Lord to bind up all powers of darkness and forbid them to work in my dreams or any part of my subconscious while I sleep. Amen.
Liturgy of the Hours Night Prayer
A more powerful bedtime prayer is found in the official prayer of the Church, the Night Prayers of the Liturgy of the Hours. When praying the Liturgy of the Hours one is not just praying by themselves or with their families, but praying with the entire Church – the Church in heaven, in purgatory, and on earth. To pray to appropriate Night Office go to the ebreviary website Night Prayer page.
I agree with Becky on this. Sometimes we have disturbing dreams and prayer is a good remedy…Peace and good nights to you Tee.Tee, I wouldn’t read too much into the dreams. There are a couple prayers below that I’ve known to be effective against nightmares.
By the way, demons often do mess with people who are growing closer to God in an attempt to discourage them from persevering. We can get on Satan’s radar by growing in holiness. Just remember Romans 8:28 - all things work for the good of those who love God.