Trump’s campaign stops possibly linked to Covid-19 surges in at least five places

• Thread starter Thread starter Shakuhachi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there are spiking cases all over the country, it’s probably prudent to not have large rallies in closed spaces without masks.

Since there are spiking cases all over the country, it’s probably prudent to not have large rallies in closed spaces without masks.
That would require caring more about the lives of your supporters than about having photos of big crowds.

You think that’s bad, you should check out the stats around dihydrogen monoxide.

That would require caring more about the lives of your supporters than about having photos of big crowds
Cases in my state are surging, cases in the states around me are surging and President Trump hasn’t been here. I guess our cases aren’t Trump’s fault. Must be just the science of the virus, people get sick due to the virus being contagious.

And yet science tells us there are precautions we can take to help mitigate the spread;
Precautions some chose to ignore.

Cases in my state are surging, cases in the states around me are surging and President Trump hasn’t been here.
Ah

But was he near your state?
Perhaps flew by?
Or maybe it’s because he was in the same country.

Correlation does not equal causation.
Correlation does not prove causation, but it is strongly suggestive of it - especially in the absence of alternative explanations for the correlation.
Covid-19 is going to surge everywhere. Trump or no Trump.
Perhaps, but the magnitude of those surges is not inevitable, but is subject to our behavior.
Statistics show that the majority that get sick are, in fact, taking these precautions.
This misuse of statistics to imply that precautions do not help is just that - a misuse of statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back