Trump Backers: Suspend the Constitution

• Thread starter Thread starter ChuckB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is what passes for patriotism in Trump Land.
I distinctly remember people being convinced Obama would suspend the Constitution to keep himself in power.

Oddly enough, he began the transition to the Trump Administration within 24 hours of the election and even invited the guy to the White House. What are the chances Trump ever speaks to Biden?

I distinctly remember people being convinced Obama would suspend the Constitution to keep himself in power.
I don’t remember that. Was that discussed on this forum?
Oddly enough, he began the transition to the Trump Administration within 24 hours of the election and even invited the guy to the White House.
Has Trump done the same to Biden?
What are the chances Trump ever speaks to Biden?
What are a snowball’s chances in hell?

Was that discussed on this forum?
Not sure, I wasn’t around here at the time. I did know people discussing it on Facebook. One even made a pledge to move out of the country if Obama won reelection. He still lives in North Carolina.
Has Trump done the same to Biden?
Nope, and I can’t imagine he will even speak to Biden, let alone invite him to the White House. Pence hasn’t spoken to Harris, and even Melania is in on it. She hasn’t spoken to Jill.

Obama’s Administration did all of those things within a day or two of the election in 2016.

I don’t remember that. Was that discussed on this forum?
I don’t know if it was discussed on this forum or not, but I did hear rumblings about it on right-wing talk radio. The same places where one was likely to hear birther nonsense and Pizzagate conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
They’re calling for a military coup.
Not gonna happen. The US military are much more patriotic than that. It doesn’t matter that the US President is the Commander-in-Chief of the US military. The military is bound by US laws and will not follow a madman.

Last edited:
It’s funny, in the thirties Smedley Butler exposed a plan for a fascist coup led by business leaders. It’s rarely talked about nowadays.

I don’t know if it was discussed on this forum or not, but I did hear rumblings about it on right-wing talk radio. The same places where one was likely to hear birther nonsense and Pizzagate conspiracy theories.
Yeah, it was on facebook a lot, too. Obama was going to declare martial law to cancel the 2016 election. :roll_eyes: Brought to you by the same folks claiming he was going to seize all our guns.

It’s funny, in the thirties Smedley Butler exposed a plan for a fascist coup led by business leaders. It’s rarely talked about nowadays.
I mentioned that incident on this forum. The fact is that the closest the US has come to a coup overturning the government came from the right – it wasn’t leftists.

All the while working behind Trump’s back to undermine his presidency.
Before,during and currently…

Same old comments I won’t miss.
Election night I was at my Parish praying Trump would win. Now I’m sitting here wishing it was noon 1/21/2021 with the camera on Biden.

I’m still a republican but good grief. Trump’s gotta go.

Trump being gone will be a detriment to the well-being and personal liberties he fought so hard for,regardless of ones political affiliation.What a sad commentary on our electorate that the fraud that has been perpetrated for nearly five years against Trump,culiminating in a stolen election,is seemingly ok with so many ,regardless of the fact that we will continue to devolve into a America we no longer recognize,just so long as Trump is ousted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back