Trump campaign attorney calls for violence against Chris Krebs

• Thread starter Thread starter puer.dei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Article
Joe diGenova, an attorney for Trump’s campaign, said during an appearance on “The Howie Carr Show”: "Anybody who thinks the election went well, like that idiot Krebs who used to be the head of cybersecurity. That guy is a class A moron. He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot."
He is calling for more than violence. He is callling for the outright lynch mob murder of a person.

Last edited:
I can’t believe people feel free to say the most abhorrent things.

This fellow is a former us attorney.

Incredible

What I can’t believe is how so many supposedly educated people are so literal in hearing when certain people speak. What the lawyer said probably wasn’t the best phrased, but anyone who believes that he was actually calling for Krebs to be drawn and quartered is delusional.

An educated US attorney isn’t supposed to speak like a hit man.

I’m amazed at the number of people on the national stage clinging to Trump who have a penchant for saying things that are outlandish.

Violence is wrong it be this or in abortions. Nice to see people use some consistency.

Is this similar to where one complains about the death penalties but supports other things that are much more worse?

. . . .

Last edited:
Now, ;let’s get this straight, Democrats support 1000s of abortions a year but would gripe about this? And their voters enable it.
I don’t understand your point here.

Is this not something that Democrats should gripe about?

I’m confused as to what this has to do with abortion

What I can’t believe is how so many supposedly educated people are so literal in hearing when certain people speak. What the lawyer said probably wasn’t the best phrased, but anyone who believes that he was actually calling for Krebs to be drawn and quartered is delusional.
Oh, maybe it was just another juvenile, locker room “humor”.
I’m confused as to what this has to do with abortion
Nothing. But it is an unwritten rule that no thread is complete without dragging in abortion.

Oh, maybe it was just another juvenile, locker room “humor”.
Thanks for yet another example of hyper-literalism. I don’t condone what he said in that tape, but I also do not believe that he was making a sworn confession.

Thanks for yet another example of hyper-literalism.
Words have meanings. You don’t shout “fire” in a crowded place, and then try to defend that action by saying: “it was not meant to be in a hyper-literalist fashion!”. Unfortunately there are many people who take those kinds of words literally - and ACT on them - even if that lawyer did not mean it “literally”. Did those crowds use the words: “Lock her up!” in a figurative manner?

What happened to the principle: “Say what you mean, and mean what you say???”

Did those crowds use the words: “Lock her up!” in a figurative manner?
Since no one has marched on her home and taken her away in chains, I would say that they did take it figuratively.
What happened to the principle: “Say what you mean, and mean what you say???”
This reminds me of the line in “Guardians of the Galaxy”: “Nothings flies over my head, my reflexes are too fast for that.”

Say she was arrested.

Would those cheering say, “hey we were joking? Let her go. We were just having fun!”

Krebs had some sort of connection to Dominion I believe. He may have something to do with this mess. So, this was talking figuratively I gather.

Since no one has marched on her home and taken her away in chains, I would say that they did take it figuratively.
They did not have the authority or the option to carry it out. Just like they could not force Mexico to pay for the wall. But they meant it literally. Do you still endorse shouting “fire” in a crowded theater and then defend the action by saying: “I did not mean it literally!” Words STILL have meanings.

Last edited:
Do you still endorse shouting “fire” in a crowded theater and then defend the action by saying: “I did not mean it literally!” Words STILL have meanings.
I never endorsed what you accuse me of. Words still have meanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back