Trump Derides 2020 Election As Stolen In What He Calls ‘The Most Important Speech’ He’s Ever Made

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This culture is in need of evangelization and conversion.
you just got done telling me the Catholic Bishops were WRONG for keeping up Mass attendance . . .

. . . But YOU were RIGHT.

Cathoholic (here) . . .
So the Bishops having Mass are wrong and StudentMI is right.

Right?

And those people going to daily Mass are the real problem.

Right?

StudentinMI (contradicting himself about the need for evangelization [or putting the “evangelization” of politics ABOVE Mass] here) . . . .
Yes that’s exactly what I said. :roll_eyes:

Jesus Christ is Lord!

Last edited:
To the readers here.

Yes by all means take care of things on a natural level and work for political justice that helps bring
the kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is True God AND True man “on earth as it is in Heaven”.

But put politics in its proper perspective too.

Mass, and the Sacraments and the graces that flow from them are higher than politics. Infinitely higher.
JAMES 4: 3-8a 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. 4 Unfaithful creatures! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you suppose it is in vain that the scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit which he has made to dwell in us”? 6 But he gives more grace; therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and he will draw near to you.

Last edited:
Warning Against Worldliness
Jas 4:1 Why do you fight and argue with each other? Isn’t it because you are full of selfish desires that fight to control your body?
Jas 4:2 You want something you don’t have, and you will do anything to get it. You will even kill! But you still cannot get what you want, and you won’t get it by fighting and arguing. You should pray for it.

Jas 4:8 Come near to God, and he will come near to you. Clean up your lives, you sinners. Purify your hearts, you people who can’t make up your mind.
Jas 4:9 Be sad and sorry and weep. Stop laughing and start crying. Be gloomy instead of glad.
Jas 4:10 Be humble in the Lord’s presence, and he will honor you.
Jas 4:11 My friends, don’t say cruel things about others! If you do, or if you condemn others, you are condemning God’s Law. And if you condemn the Law, you put yourself above the Law and refuse to obey either it
Jas 4:12 or God who gave it. God is our judge, and he can save or destroy us. What right do you have to condemn anyone?

You have to give us the whole thing not just part of it.

Last edited:
StudentinMI (contradicting himself about the need for evangelization [or putting the “evangelization” of politics ABOVE Mass]
Yeah that’s not really contradicting myself. You’re just searching for an argument against what I posted.

Cathoholic on the need to put grace over politics in response to a guy who said Mass in-person should be blown off (see here)
but political favor should be curried and worked for
(and that he himself knew better than the Catholic Bishops
who are having Mass for the public) . . .

Mass, and the Sacraments and the graces that flow from them are higher than politics . Infinitely higher.
JAMES 4: 3-8a 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. 4 Unfaithful creatures! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you suppose it is in vain that the scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit which he has made to dwell in us”? 6 But he gives more grace; therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and he will draw near to you.
You have to give us the whole thing not just part of it.
Did you not read what I said?

Or do you think somehow adding more verses
somehow shows from the Bible that this . . .

Mass, and the Sacraments and the graces that flow from them are higher than politics . Infinitely higher.
is untrue???

What is your point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back