Trumpianity is a Weird Religion

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re talking about the subset of Trump supporters who refuse to admit he’s ever done anything wrong or behaved badly, and now argue tooth and nail that Trump is still going to somehow mount a comeback and secure a second term. It’s that kind of blind devotion that, frankly, makes people believe patently stupid things.
We saw the same behavior for Obama supporters. The same for Bush (I and II) supporters. The same for Clinton supporters. The same for Reagan supporters (perhaps more so here).

And we see the same behavior from Alabama fans, Steeler fans, Yankee fans, etc.

This isn’t religion or cult-like behavior. And labeling it such is intentionally inflammatory. How can anyone have a discussion about Trump, Biden, etc, if before the conversation begins one is labeled a “Trumpian,” or “Bidenist” (I made that last one up).

We’re talking about the subset of Trump supporters who refuse to admit he’s ever done anything wrong or behaved badly, and now argue tooth and nail that Trump is still going to somehow mount a comeback and secure a second term.
Where do you find these people? I have never run across one. Would you describe Hilary Clinton’s supporters as a weird religious cult too, or is it something unique to Trump?

We saw the same behavior for Obama supporters. The same for Bush (I and II) supporters. The same for Clinton supporters. The same for Reagan supporters (perhaps more so here).
No, we didn’t, generally (maybe somewhat with Obama, as I said). There’s a certain level of fandom associated with any national political figure, but the degree to which we’re seeing it with Trump is aberrant. If you say you just don’t see it, I guess we’ll just have to disagree, because I see it plain as day.

Last edited:
Where do you find these people? I have never run across one. Would you describe Hilary Clinton’s supporters as a weird religious cult too, or is it something unique to Trump?
I’m not going to name names, but there are plenty right here on CAF. And no, I don’t think there is a cult of personality around Hillary in the same way that there is around Trump. Doesn’t mean Hillary isn’t deeply flawed in a million ways, but stoking a cult of personality isn’t one of them.

If you’re saying you just don’t perceive this, then we’re just watching two very different movies.

Last edited:
No, we didn’t.
There absolutely was for Obama!. As for Bush I/II, or Bill Clinton (who I meant, not H), perhaps not so much. And Reagan has had more of a revival, but certainly not to the level of Obama.

But its nothing more than fandom. Just as no Alabama fan would think Saban could do anything wrong enough to get fired, or no Clemson fan would dare contemplate Trevor Lawrence doing anything wrong enough not to be the starter. Or any Obama fan thinking he’s done anything wrong enough to be impeached. The same for the ardent Trump supporters.

If you’re saying you just don’t perceive this, then we’re just watching two very different movies.
I think we’re watching two very different movies. For the last 4+ years I have observed people distorting everything Trump says and attacking their own strawmen. You don’t have to be a fanatic to support Trump in these circumstances.

If there is no cult of personality around Hilary, why was she - a has-been politician - selected to vote in the electoral college? She isn’t in office and she isn’t running for office, but she still commands an impressive amount of airtime.

A part mention him more than Jesus.
This is just another attack by the left - the first step is to label you opponent…
The site is a traditional Catholic one.

Last edited:
And no, I don’t think there is a cult of personality around Hillary in the same way that there is around Trump.
Even among Democrats. She was seen as not very personable, somewhat cold and distant.

Just this morning a saw an article stating that Franklin Graham believes Trump will be recognized as one of the greatest presidents in history.

🤔 🤨

Say we remove all the controversies (and that’s really hard to do) I don’t see organized leadership. Health care plan? That’s one long 2 weeks.

Last edited:
. . . .

What? Are we suppose to want to be forced to pay for little babies to be aborted as the Democrats want?

Last edited:
So true. That is one of the things that we can all admit to. we are not 100% correct.

President Trump is not a lot of things. And I trust the Pope more than I trust any politician, regardless of what position they are in. I figure the Holy Spirit knew what he was doing when He guided the votes of the Cardinals.

Reminds me of another cult of personality; staunchly defended against any and all accusations, no matter the truth of them.
What a weird fixation you have, Sid.

• I am hearing this term on more than one website.
  • Just because a site is traditional, doesn’t mean that everything they publish is 100% correct.
That’s not what I mean, but they clearly are not driven by leftist motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back