H
Harpazo
Guest
On a Protestant Christian forum for teens, there is a little debate going on between me and another guy. I have been defending Catholic Doctrines and Dogma using Scripture and reason, yet he is still protesting…typical I know. He relentlessly attacks the Blessed Mother, the Communion of Saints and other beliefs.
One thing he tried to point out was by using a Psalm. I’ll post his full reply here and see what weaknesses you can pick out from it. And then I’ll post my reply after his.
One thing he tried to point out was by using a Psalm. I’ll post his full reply here and see what weaknesses you can pick out from it. And then I’ll post my reply after his.
Luther did not take any books out of the bible. By your own math you’re saying that 73 books - 14 books (7 from the old test. and 7 from the new test.) = the 66 books of the Protestant bible? 73 - 14 =59. Seven books were added to the bible by the Catholic Church in 1563 at the Council of Trent, some 1200 years after the bible was put together. Do your research. Seven books that you claimed were not in our New Testament are actually in it.
You still have NOT given me a verse in the bible that says purgatory is real. Why? Is it because it is false? I think so.
Psalms 69:8 “I am a stranger to my brothers, an alien to my own MOTHER’S SONS” This verse is a verse that clearly, 100% shows that Jesus had siblings. Sons can not mean cousins, nephews, or other relations. No way are we talking about cousins. Yes those other verse about Abramham and Jacob might have meant cousin or nephew; but mother’s sons can only mean mother’s sons.
Con’tNowhere in the bible does it say Mary was bodily assumed into heaven. No where does it say that she or the saints can listen to our prayers and pray for us. Another thing, where does it say that the Pope speaks on behalf the Holy spirit? Also there is no historical or biblical proof that says that Peter even was the first bishop of Rome. One last thing. Jesus was humble, lowly in appearance, preach and lived with the people, and wore rags. Shouldn’t the priests, bishops, cardinals, and popes be like that instead of dressing in expensive robes and hats, which to me is like the opposite of Jesus. They should just dress like everyone else because they are like everyone else. We have all sinned, including the popes, bishops, cardinals, and priests; and also protestant pastors and ministers too. We are all the same, so we shouldn’t have some heirarchy of priests when we are all the same.