two JWs at my door today.

  • Thread starter Thread starter justinthemartyr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bible…

With humble Respect…

How do you respond to those, such as the CC and most Protestant churches that claim that 144000 is symbolic…

12 X 12 X 1000

the first 12 represents the 12 Jewish Tribes
the second 12 represents the 12 apostles sent out to the world
and 1000 simply meaning ‘a lot’ in scripture

Judaism, the culture this comes out of, is heavy on a numeric meaning as well as literary meaning

In other words… 144000 could simply mean A Lot of Jews and Gentiles will be saved.

You talk about them wearing crowns and being kings. Aren’t we all to be ‘like the angels’, Why can there not also be a similar allusion to saying we will be like kings? The precedent is already there.

With Humble respect In Christ
You make an excellent point if bible steve would just break free from his inability to reason things out. Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
 
The book of Revelation distinguishes between a group called the 144,000 and the great crowd who came out of the great tribulation.
The 144,000 describes in symbolic language the totality of Christ’s Church - as has been explained to you in this thread by me and others. And the great multitude also describes the same - or at least portion thereof. Both descriptions are of the saved who are with God forever in eternity in His Kingdom.
I have provided a specific scriptural argument to identify each of the groups.
This may come of as harsh, but I think it needs to be said. You have provided evidence of blatant twistings and distortions of the Scirpture and each has indeed been answered irrefutably. Of course I don’t think you are doing this intentionally, so to speak, I think you have been deceived.

Your inability and unwillingness to answer specific questions is frustrating and while you need to be shown the errors and humbly accept them for the blasphemies, lies, errors and distortions that they are, I’d remind everyone else here that it it is also something to be pitied. I’m thinking of Our Lord’s words on the cross, “Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.”

I’ll ask again several pertinant questions that you consistantly dodge, and a few new ones. I’m trying to make that ol’ spiritual light bulb go off in your head my friend. If you refuse to answer these questions, then I will have to question your ultimate intentions of visiting this forum - are you interested in Truth?:
  • Are the names of the 144,000 in the Lamb’s book of life?
  • Are the names of the Great Multitude in the Lamb’s book of life?
  • If one’s name is not in the Lamb’s book of life, where do they go?
  • If one’s name is in the Lamb’s book of life, where do they go?
  • Do you love God with your whole heart, soul and mind?
  • Does God love you?
  • If you love someone, ultimately don’t you want to be with that someone?
  • **Do you want to be with God forever? **
  • Does God what you to be with Him forever?
Peace in Christ,

DustinsDad
 
I will have to question your ultimate intentions of visiting this forum - are you interested in Truth?:
Careful now…he clearly shows he’s interested in truth, but not the true revealed truth…

I think the best we can do is pray. Pray and pray hard.
 
BIBLESTEVE: Ijumped in here a little late and I have 2 questions ? 1 what bible are you quoting from? Are you denying the diety of Jesus Christ?
 
BIBLESTEVE: Ijumped in here a little late and I have 2 questions ? 1 what bible are you quoting from? Are you denying the diety of Jesus Christ?
They only quote from their distorted “New World Translation” and they definitely adhere to the heresy that Jesus Christ is not God. Minus the words “distorted” and “heresy”, Bible Steve will give you the same answer. What Bible Steve won’t answer is where and how the canon of the New Testament of Scripture was determined. THe JW’s took the Catholic Book, totally distorted it and then preach how we are from satan. Well, by golly, how is it that Bible Steve would use a satan founded Bible??? I really don’t think that CT Russell, who in fact didn’t even know that he was JW since that didn’t come about until after his death, maintained Sacred Scripture for the first 1800 years prior to their organization’s beginning. Who did?? The Catholic Church.

Your welcome, Bible Steve. Your Bible only faith was maintained by the very group of people that you consider goats. It’s amazing how a book derived and maintained by goats can turn a small group into sheep…God Bless…teachccd 😉
 
Dear Geraldffff,

Of course I am one of JW’s. A simple search on my name would have answered that as I have explained that several times.

As for the rest of your “understanding about JW’s”… you are so far off it’s comical.

Points for placing WT?

I thought I had heard some pretty uninformed beliefs about JW’s, but that’s a new one.

I’d recommend you read up a little more about JW’s before spouting off this type of silliness. You don’t have to agree with us, but at least… at least… get your facts straight.

Goodbye Gerarldffff…
I don’t want to take my time to learn about JW’s, what they are, what they stand for, their “show up at my door during the WORK DAY” and try and shove a magazine in my hand.

JW’s are not one of the truth, you took a Martin Luther bible and changed words around to fit what you believe, which is false and I will not even try to learn or understand what a false religion is about I know what the truth is and it is in the Holy Roman Catholic Church! Oh, BTW, how many protestant religions are there? Over 40,000!!! JW’s being one of them, are they ALL right?

Please place me on your DO NOT VISIT list 😃
 
BIBLESTEVE: Are you denying the deity of Jesus Christ?
That is correct. But they still believe and accept Jesus, but he’s not God. Kind of like Islam. Jesus was there, did stuff, but he wasn’t God, no no. According to the watchtower, He was created by God, and was originally Michael the Arc Angel, until he was directed by god to assume a human form. Then he was spiritually resurrected and the remains of Jesus were assumed back into the earth. Read it from reliable sources:

watchtower.org/e/20050422/article_02.htm
and
en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/Arcangel-Michael-Jesus.htm

Please, any JW correct me if i am wrong in the interpretation of your dogma.

It still stands however, no divine] Jesus no salvation. That simple. No arguments about it.
 
Your inability and unwillingness to answer specific questions is frustrating
DustinsDad,

My Bible discussion friend… keep in mind you sent me 25+ questions/issues by private email and I’ve responded to each and every one.

You are working your way through the list of my answers, but haven’t finished yet.

I request you drop this attitude of me being “unable” or “unwilling” to answer specific questions.

You may not agree with how I understand the Bible, but let us not insult each other with these types of words.

Steve
 
BIBLESTEVE; Col1:15-17 ,a question you have probably been asked before ,but I went back a few pages and didn’t see any thing about this. how come in the JWs bible the word OTHER has been added 4 times? Please don’t tell me it’s OK because it’s in ] and you do this for clarifacation. what is the real reason ? is it to try to put Christ at the level as other created things? Next question how come in your 1950 edition of your new testement the word OTHER is not in ] ? now question #3 do we want to discuss PROTOKTISIS first created ] vs PROTOTOKOS [first born] ? I have more questions for you but thats enough for now . THANK YOU
 
to every one who was answering my questions to BIBLESTEVE ,thank you. i was looking for an answer from him but i went back a few pages and found the answer , in his replys to other people. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT !!! if the early followers of Jesus didn’t believe he was God and thier savior why were many tortured and killed and didn’t renounce thier faith? would we be that strong to die for Jesus? BIBLESTEVE would you put your life on the line for your religion? I will tell you that I will!!
 
BIBLESTEVE; Col1:15-17 ,a question you have probably been asked before ,but I went back a few pages and didn’t see any thing about this. how come in the JWs bible the word OTHER has been added 4 times? Please don’t tell me it’s OK because it’s in ] and you do this for clarifacation. what is the real reason ? is it to try to put Christ at the level as other created things? Next question how come in your 1950 edition of your new testement the word OTHER is not in ] ? now question #3 do we want to discuss PROTOKTISIS first created ] vs PROTOTOKOS [first born] ? I have more questions for you but thats enough for now . THANK YOU
Very good question. There is a 13 page discussion about this issue in the book: tinyurl.com/3cvu3u

The author is a non-JW, Religious University Professor.

The author shows in great detail how translating Greek to English requires a translator to express a single Greek word into multiple English words.

As for the criticism of the NWT and the [other] he says:

“It is ironic that the translation of Colossians 1:15-20 that has received the most criticim is the one where the “added words” are fully justified by what is impled in the Greek”.

The book is excellent and I highly recommend it.

For those, who don’t want to buy the book,

Here’s a non-JW reviewing BeDuhn’s book:

tetragrammaton.org/truthintrans.htm

You can get a basic understanding of the reasoning by looking at Chapter 7.

Steve
 
The 144,000 describes in symbolic language the totality of Christ’s Church - as has been explained to you in this thread by me and others. And the great multitude also describes the same - or at least portion thereof. Both descriptions are of the saved who are with God forever in eternity in His Kingdom.

This may come of as harsh, but I think it needs to be said. You have provided evidence of blatant twistings and distortions of the Scirpture and each has indeed been answered irrefutably. Of course I don’t think you are doing this intentionally, so to speak, I think you have been deceived.

Your inability and unwillingness to answer specific questions is frustrating and while you need to be shown the errors and humbly accept them for the blasphemies, lies, errors and distortions that they are, I’d remind everyone else here that it it is also something to be pitied. I’m thinking of Our Lord’s words on the cross, “Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.”

I’ll ask again several pertinant questions that you consistantly dodge, and a few new ones. I’m trying to make that ol’ spiritual light bulb go off in your head my friend. If you refuse to answer these questions, then I will have to question your ultimate intentions of visiting this forum - are you interested in Truth?:
  • Are the names of the 144,000 in the Lamb’s book of life?
  • Are the names of the Great Multitude in the Lamb’s book of life?
  • If one’s name is not in the Lamb’s book of life, where do they go?
  • If one’s name is in the Lamb’s book of life, where do they go?
  • Do you love God with your whole heart, soul and mind?
  • Does God love you?
  • If you love someone, ultimately don’t you want to be with that someone?
  • **Do you want to be with God forever? **
  • Does God what you to be with Him forever?
Peace in Christ,

DustinsDad
DustinsDad I think you may be mistaken about who biblesteve is I checked some of his previous posts and found a person who is well versed in the JW methodology of trapping the unwary. In his opinion Biblesteve is indeed a JW looking to snare those who are unknowledgeable.
“QUOTE=Ravyn_Guiliani;2263193]so you are telling me then that the belief that the first Jehovah’s Witness was Abel has changed then? Up until 1997 Jehovah’s Witnesses considered every one of the faithful of old to be Jehovah’s Witnesses, and that the ones who did not ‘know’ Jehovah would indeed be resurrected but they would have to convert during the Millennium or be destroyed at the final judgement when Satan was loosed and allowed to test everyone one last time? Or has that basic doctrine changed too? Being intellectually dishonest and playing semantics don’t cut it with me Steve–remember I pioneered for 15 yrs. I know all the tricks and subterfuge. I was an expert at the soft-sell and the hard-sell.
Will there be anyone alive after the end of the 1000 years and the final test who is not a Jehovah’s Witness (not counting anyone who is not yet born–since the last I heard JWs do not believe reproduction will continue forever either)?
HINT: it is a yes or no question.
I am not going to argue with you Steve, but I will not allow you to mislead these people either.
Ravyn”

Peace
 
BIBLESTEVE: ok now if St Paul ment first created why did he say first born? preaching in Greece i’m sure he had a good command of the language . I think back then the term first born was understood to refer to position or rank we have to try to keep things in context , not as we percieve them today ] Heb. 1:2 what about Micah 5:2? I went back a bunch more pages to look at your replies , and if you have been doing this for 15 years, i’m sure you have seen all these questions ,so i think it’s pretty pointless to discuss with you when we are making points out of two different bibles ? we would get nowere talking about Christ, the Trinity , justified lying ,The Word [who is the WORD] I guess we can agree to disagree . I will pray that Jesus removes the blinders like he did for St Paul . Some day i hope to wish you a Merry Christmas but till then i hope you are on the journey HOME
 
**As for the criticism of the NWT and the [other] he says:

“It is ironic that the translation of Colossians 1:15-20 that has received the most criticim is the one where the “added words” are fully justified by what is impled in the Greek”.**

It is only “implied in the Greek” if you are starting
from the PRE-supposition that Jesus is a
created as distinct from a “begotten” son of God.

Jesus was BEGOTTEN of the Father, of
the Father’s OWN nature, born literally of the Father,
from all eternity. The Greek word for this used in the NT
is Monogenes, meaning literally the “only-GENERATED” of God.
This is why we Trinitarians scripturally maintain
that Jesus was "Begotten and NOT “made” "

Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+
 
Careful now…he clearly shows he’s interested in truth, but not the true revealed truth…

I think the best we can do is pray. Pray and pray hard.
I believe your right again, it is natural law that makes us seek the truth but not everybody can accept “the Truth Jesus” for various reasons. What the Jw’s are seeking is “a” truth. Thirty years ago I was confronted by the JW doctrine and truth was the first subject. The second subject was the “a” they put in the Gospel of John to deny the nature of God The Son. Bible Steve (aka) BS appears to enjoy the company of Roman Catholics and thats good, I hope a little bit of rational thinking will rub off on him. Jw’s are to be pitied and prayed for and ignored if they are rude. I just wish BS would answer my question. How ill JW’s be fed and housed in the earth they intend to inherit after all the unbelievers are whisked off and annialated. “Splendor of Truth” for you steve BS. Read it and make some challenges on the basis of what you read in it rather than them tired old watchtower dogmas. vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_06081993_veritatis-splendor_en.html
 
I don’t want to take my time to learn about JW’s, what they are, what they stand for, their “show up at my door during the WORK DAY” and try and shove a magazine in my hand.

JW’s are not one of the truth, you took a Martin Luther bible and changed words around to fit what you believe, which is false and I will not even try to learn or understand what a false religion is about I know what the truth is and it is in the Holy Roman Catholic Church! Oh, BTW, how many protestant religions are there? Over 40,000!!! JW’s being one of them, are they ALL right?

Please place me on your DO NOT VISIT list 😃
Your probably right. It is a waste of time unless you are confronted with close family members choosing to be JW’s. Then you have to watch your children as they will have their children whispering disturbing heretical things in your innocent children’s ears. I allowed my homeless Jw brother and his family to temporarily move in with my family about 25 years ago. His children came back from their biweekly watchtower meetings and pinched, whispered and tormented. It was a sad thing to experience. Their innocence is torn out of them.
 
My Bible discussion friend… keep in mind you sent me 25+ questions/issues by private email and I’ve responded to each and every one.
You have not responded to the first two emails - the foundational ones that should have started our discussion. That’s ok. I figured you would get to them sooner or later - would you like me to send them again? And thanks for the emails so far. And as you point out, I have been responding to each of your replies, I think there’s just four or five to go.
I request you drop this attitude of me being “unable” or “unwilling” to answer specific questions.
Steve - I can be more patient and delicate with you in private email discussions because I feel that over time, I (with the Holy Spirit) can get you to see certain points and actually address certain issues, and I feel I’ll gain a deeper insight into the workings and teachings of the JW organization. Keep in mind that I do note what portions of my emails are responded to and what are not. It is telling. I’m cool with that and I want to keep our private discussion going.

On a public board, however, I’m going to be a little more insistant that you answer the questions posed to you.
You may not agree with how I understand the Bible, but let us not insult each other with these types of words.
Steve, once again, please. Humor us. Answer the following questions. These aren’t too tricky, they are pretty basic and simple. Please answer these questions:
  • Are the names of the 144,000 in the Lamb’s book of life?
  • Are the names of the Great Multitude in the Lamb’s book of life?
  • If one’s name is not in the Lamb’s book of life, where do they go?
  • If one’s name is in the Lamb’s book of life, where do they go?
  • Do you love God with your whole heart, soul and mind?
  • Does God love you?
  • If you love someone, ultimately don’t you want to be with that someone?
  • **Do you want to be with God forever? **
  • Does God what you to be with Him forever?
    Peace in Christ,
DustinsDad
 
Very good question. There is a 13 page discussion about this issue in the book: tinyurl.com/3cvu3u

The author is a non-JW, Religious University Professor.

The author shows in great detail how translating Greek to English requires a translator to express a single Greek word into multiple English words.

As for the criticism of the NWT and the [other] he says:

“It is ironic that the translation of Colossians 1:15-20 that has received the most criticim is the one where the “added words” are fully justified by what is impled in the Greek”.

The book is excellent and I highly recommend it.

For those, who don’t want to buy the book,

Here’s a non-JW reviewing BeDuhn’s book:

tetragrammaton.org/truthintrans.htm

You can get a basic understanding of the reasoning by looking at Chapter 7.

Steve
Can you give it to us in a nutshell?

DustinsDad
 
DustinsDad I think you may be mistaken about who biblesteve is I checked some of his previous posts and found a person who is well versed in the JW methodology of trapping the unwary. In his opinion Biblesteve is indeed a JW looking to snare those who are unknowledgeable.
That’s why I’m insisting he more directly and specifically answer questions on this public board…because the unwary and unknowledgeable might be browsing through.

Peace in Christ,

DustinsDad
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top