R
revelations
Guest
I personally subscribe to Mel Gibson’s prophecy of 2012…anyway his latest prediction is 2011 or 2013 .
I personally subscribe to Mel Gibson’s prophecy of 2012…anyway his latest prediction is 2011 or 2013 .
Obviously, i am not claiming that. I am only saying that according to what I have observed, they appear to be decent, family oriented people, trying to lead good lives.That in and of itself does not mean thier religion and doctrine is TRUE!
Again I’ll emphasize that many are decent, family oriented people. And I don’t know what statistics show concerning divorce rates but I have heard that psychologically they have many problems. They are so brainwashed and they are taught not to think for themselves. They won’t admit to this because of the vast amounts of literature given to them from New York. They think that they are receiving good information on all topics and that the information is accurate. But ask one if they will read ONE BIT of anything that YOU give them. As soon as you hand it to them they are instructed to throw it away as it is satan diverting their truth.Obviously, i am not claiming that. I am only saying that according to what I have observed, they appear to be decent, family oriented people, trying to lead good lives.
I would be interested to see a comparison between the divorce rates for JW as contrasted to that of Catholics. Here I am talking about civil divorces which are required before getting a marriage annulment.
Obviously, it’s not the whole story, but it is one aspect of a religion which supports family life. I mean if you have one Church where anyone can get his or her marriage annulled for the silliest of reasons and where these annulment rates have gone through the roof, then questions are raised as to whether or not this Church is supporting family life as well as another Church where family life is strongly supported and this is reflected in a low divorce rate.You would have to be VERY naive to think that a faith is based on decent people and divorce rates.
Where are the stats to support your claim? There are atheists that support a great family life. What is your point? Would you consider becoming a Jehovah’s Witness because of our annulment procedures? Did we forget about the hundreds of false doctrine that they support? What family value would I hold raising my kids in a faith that would jeopardize their salvation??Obviously, it’s not the whole story, but it is one aspect of a religion which supports family life. I mean if you have one Church where anyone can get his or her marriage annulled for the silliest of reasons and where these annulment rates have gone through the roof, then questions are raised as to whether or not this Church is supporting family life as well as another Church where family life is strongly supported and this is reflected in a low divorce rate.
The statistics are in the “Statistical Yearbook of the Church”, published in Rome each year, by the Vatican Press. Some statistics from the USA figures:
Where are the stats to support your claim?
Marriage and the JW’s interesting concept. Their founder Russel and his wife did not get along and parted. So it should be no surprise if they wish to follow that example. My older brother divorced his wife of many years and mother of his five children. He claimed she was unfaithful to him. My wife and I knew her quite well and saw no evidence of marital infidelity. She was not a true believer and I believe his religious tenants allowed him to convince himself that her not going along with his religious whims was akin to adultery. Kinda like the old testament relationship with the chosen people Idolatry and Adultery. She lost custody of the children and the Watchtower paid his legal bills to accomplish that. The odd thing about that was three months after his final decree he married a devout JW woman. She was very nice but they parted in about 3 months. My experience in meeting another couple through my brother was that the wives are dutiful but miserable if they have any intelligence because they have to keep their mouths shut. My brothers wife had a mind of her own. I don’t necessarily think Catholics have anything to crow about with regard to these matters. But it’s a hard life for JW"s when they have to shun relatives who openly challenge them about the stuff they spread. It is my understanding that if the wife alleges abuse to the elders she has to have two witness to get any relief and can get disfellowshipped for presenting a complaint.Obviously, it’s not the whole story, but it is one aspect of a religion which supports family life. I mean if you have one Church where anyone can get his or her marriage annulled for the silliest of reasons and where these annulment rates have gone through the roof, then questions are raised as to whether or not this Church is supporting family life as well as another Church where family life is strongly supported and this is reflected in a low divorce rate.
I have presented written testimony in the annulment process and do not think it an easy process. The shame might if the Church is wrong that there should have been 30,000 more annulments in 1930 rather than 9. For the jw’s it is “get out” and have people calling you in the middle of the night telling you that you are going to hell. I would take the Catholic way any day.The statistics are in the “Statistical Yearbook of the Church”, published in Rome each year, by the Vatican Press. Some statistics from the USA figures:
Annulments given out by the Catholic Church in the USA:
1930: 9
1989: 61, 416.
I thought they didn’t believe in hell? Only that after you died you cease to exist? Either way this has been highly informative. I have learned a great deal, and feel all the more confident about my new found spirituality and faith in the OTCpeople calling you in the middle of the night telling you that you are going to hell. I would take the Catholic way any day.
You are correct. They do not believe in hell just complete annihilation. So you either live on a paradise earth, governed by the 144,000 spirit creatures, or poof you’re gone…I thought they didn’t believe in hell? Only that after you died you cease to exist? Either way this has been highly informative. I have learned a great deal, and feel all the more confident about my new found spirituality and faith in the OTC![]()
Obviously, you don’t know what you are talking about here, because the JW do not believe in hell.I have presented written testimony in the annulment process and do not think it an easy process. The shame might if the Church is wrong that there should have been 30,000 more annulments in 1930 rather than 9. For the jw’s it is “get out” and have people calling you in the middle of the night telling you that you are going to hell. I would take the Catholic way any day.
I think you’re confusing “the religion” and “the institution”.Obviously, it’s not the whole story, but it is one aspect of a religion which supports family life. I mean if you have one Church where anyone can get his or her marriage annulled for the silliest of reasons and where these annulment rates have gone through the roof, then questions are raised as to whether or not this Church is supporting family life as well as another Church where family life is strongly supported and this is reflected in a low divorce rate.
I agree with you, I have friends that are/were JW’s and they were VERY, VERY decent people. As far as morals go, they are fairly much in line with us. However they do not have the “truth”.Obviously, i am not claiming that. I am only saying that according to what I have observed, they appear to be decent, family oriented people, trying to lead good lives.
I would be interested to see a comparison between the divorce rates for JW as contrasted to that of Catholics. Here I am talking about civil divorces which are required before getting a marriage annulment.
I can’t speak personally, I have never had friends or aquaintenances in this particular sect/cult. And I don’t know what the JW position is on such things as abortion, or the spiritual and corporal works of mercy. But even what you say is true, we must always remember that one doesn’t gain eternal life by simply being “nice people”. Being “nice” or even “moral” in the natural sense isn’t enough.I agree with you, I have friends that are/were JW’s and they were VERY, VERY decent people. As far as morals go, they are fairly much in line with us. However they do not have the “truth”.
the devil can come in the form of a priest or a ‘Catholic’ so what is your point ?The devil can come under the guise of an angel of light - or a nice well dressed couple of JWs knocking at your door. And the devil is there to steal souls away from the One True God. Period.
I’m not talking about putting up walls - in that you don’t try to evangilize JW folks - I’m talking about not getting lulled into taking their false religion or their evangilization efforts any less than seriously. Eternity is serious.keep putting up the walls… soon before you know it you’ll’ve built an ivory tower for yourself.
The world may not be - but the devil sure is. And he’s in the world my friend.Keep telling yourself that the world is out to get you and eventually you wont have to tell yourself because it will…
It sure can - and an individual priest or catholic can fall just as easily as you or I. And if they preach a false Christ, be prepared to do battle with the false doctrine that’s coming your way - such efforts are an act of charity, not an act of hostility.the devil can come in the form of a priest or a ‘Catholic’ so what is your point ?
Jaypeeto4;3087640 said:And you know what my parish priest is the same . yesterday at mass there were only about 30 people at 8:00 am mass due to an ice/snow storm , for the homily he gave us a choice either his prepared homily or he would answer questions about the faith . we opted for his homily [he is a great homilist] . He has done this before when attendance
is low. Usually mass is well attended 200-300 people each mass [5] . C&E standing room only!