U.S. nurse says dying COVID-19 patients spent last minutes insisting virus isn't real

• Thread starter Thread starter The_Old_Maid
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’m not sure it’s necessarily true. I mean, unless you’re a doctor who is familiar with these people’s records, it’s almost like you’re assuming a lot about their morbidity. And we do believe that everyone is precious in God’s eyes.

Last edited:
Being precious in Gods eyes doesn’t rule out being able to acknowledge that a 70+ year old with a host of health issues is going to die. Whether it’s in one month or 6 months or a year.

The guy that I know who died of it was about 38 (with complications such as obesity, diabetes and epilepsy). Father of three. Good guy.

Last edited:
The biggest personal impact Covid had on me was a good neighbor of mine committed suicide after he lost his business. He was the third generation in his family to run a restaurant In our little town. He was 29. He couldn’t weather shut down. He also left behind some kids.

Aside from him, we’ve had a huge spike in overdoses and the next county over has had a big spike in domestic violence which has included a few murder/murder suicides.

It has to be looked at as a whole, saving a bunch of people from Covid and losing a bunch of others instead isn’t exactly a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back