J
John121
Guest
If a man is unable to work because of injuries and not provide finance to pay restitution is his salvation at stake!
St Augustine Without restitution there is no forgiveness.
Old Testament:
A thief must certainly make restitution, but if he has nothing, he must be sold to pay for his theft.
Thomas Aquinas said if restitution cannot be paid a remission or a respite must be asked for from the injured party but also in the same book says a man does not have to reveal his own crime.
In this case a priest could ask for a remission or respite from the injured party but I personally asked one and said he cannot!
I’m at a loss for what the theology behind what to do is ?
St Augustine Without restitution there is no forgiveness.
Old Testament:
A thief must certainly make restitution, but if he has nothing, he must be sold to pay for his theft.
Thomas Aquinas said if restitution cannot be paid a remission or a respite must be asked for from the injured party but also in the same book says a man does not have to reveal his own crime.
In this case a priest could ask for a remission or respite from the injured party but I personally asked one and said he cannot!
I’m at a loss for what the theology behind what to do is ?