Unfaithfull? yuck

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shellac
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Priests keep quiet about their secret lives to protect their livelihoods, while the church maintains its control by making them financially dependent. If he were to leave now, Father Michael would risk losing everything. “I think the church imposes celibacy because they’re afraid of losing control,” he says.
Of course he thinks that. He’s a dissident. That often means a lack of critical thinking skills. I couldn’t even finish the article.

God, provide for us a mass exodus of heretics from the Church!
 
I found the article interesting due to the Colleary story. When all that was going on, I lived in Phoenix and Channel 12 jumped all over it, as well as any anti-Catholic story they can present each night at 5 p.m. During the Bishop O’Brian incident, they put an awful slant on the story, night after night,…Sharon Roy refuses to take any responsibility for her part in the affair. Her entire line is, ‘I went to him for help and now look what he did to me!’ Takes 2 to tango Sharon. As though she was a poor lost lamb and he a wolf in Priest clothing. She sounds like a woman scorned because Colleary didn’t leave the Priesthood and marry her. Now money will do I suppose even though the daughter is 19 and Colleary’s wages have been given to her for 10 years.
My reading is that Colleary’s calling was more important to him in the long run and with that, she can not deal.

Dear Lord, send us faithful Priests!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top