"Universal Balloting" in Vermont May Becomes Norm(Colorado, Oregon, Georgia)

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
48.png
gam197:
So how do we know that undocumented aliens do not use their license to get a mail-in ballot?
Any info?
Well, for one thing, in Vermont (your favorite target) undocumented aliens and non-residents don’t get a drivers license. They get a drivers privilege card. So its a completely different piece of documentation.
Again - search engines are your friend.
Vermont is considering “universal” voting. Vermont has many illegal immigrants from Canada. Georgia may also be considering it? They get a driver’s privilege card. Please read what ThinkingSapien quoted from the article.
Data from the secretary of state’s office shows the uptick in registered voters has been driven largely by the state’s new automatic voter registration system, which took effect in January 2017.

The system allows voters to register automatically when they receive or update their driver’s licenses, or other forms of identification, at the Department of Motor Vehicles .

With driver’s licenses due to be renewed every four years, Secretary of State Jim Condos expects the new system will continue to bring in a spike of registrations for the next few years.

“It takes us a full cycle before we get everybody,” he said. “The goal is we’re going to get as many eligible Vermonters as possible to be registered to vote.”

Last edited:
Telling a lie has a great deal to do with many things including voting. . People lie about all kinds of things.
Yes people lie.
But that does not mean that Vermont does not have a system in place that requires people to bring in documentation when they apply for a new driver’s license.

I’m sure everyone here can tell you about needing to bring in their birth certificate when they’ve applied for their driver’s license.

Do you know what? Vermont requires the same thing.
Here are the documents Vermont demands people to have when applying for a driver’s license. They even demand a social security card
https://dmv.vermont.gov/licenses/identity-documents

And to request a mail in ballot the Vermont election division does ask for your driver’s license number
https://mvp.vermont.gov

Last edited:
Back in the day (before computers), getting a drivers license was so easy! I went in one time because I lost my wallet. I had no id. They just gave me a new one 😀

When I moved a few years ago to another state, I had to give them my old drivers license and show other id. I couldn’t just walk in like I used to be able to. I had to show them proof that I was me, and proof I lived at my address.

So things aren’t like they used to be.

It sounds like Vermont has a system where if you are not eligible to vote, they give you a different kind of card from a regular drivers license.

Their system seems well thought out, and avoiding the types of difficulties that other states have run into.

Back in the day (before computers), getting a drivers license was so easy! I went in one time because I lost my wallet. I had no id. They just gave me a new one :grinning:

When I moved a few years ago to another state, I had to give them my old drivers license and show other id. I couldn’t just walk in like I used to be able to. I had to show them proof that I was me, and proof I lived at my address.

So things aren’t like they used to be.

It sounds like Vermont has a system where if you are not eligible to vote, they give you a different kind of card from a regular drivers license.

Their system seems well thought out, and avoiding the types of difficulties that other states have run into.
No they started giving out driver’s license to undocumented aliens back in 2013. So far these states giver out "licenses.

" As of June 2020, 16 U.S. states, the [District of Columbia], and issue driver’s licenses or permits to some or all of the population residing illegally in the United States. State laws permitting this are on the books in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada,[1] New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Washington"
This law allows those Vermont residents unable to establish lawful presence in the United States to be eligible for a motor vehicle operator’s privilege card or alternate identification card.
This line from Vermont article. on who is allowed to register to vote…
The system allows voters to register automatically when they receive or update their driver’s licenses, or other forms of identification, at the Department of Motor

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
Telling a lie has a great deal to do with many things including voting. . People lie about all kinds of things.
Yes people lie.
But that does not mean that Vermont does not have a system in place that requires people to bring in documentation when they apply for a new driver’s license.
We can agree that people lie and cheat on lots of things. Vermont allows illegal to get a drivers license but they are not Real ID’s

From Vermont DMV

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
Vermont allows illegal to get a drivers license but they are not Real ID’s
Vermont allows illegal residents to get driver’s privilege cards.

You are not addressing the fact that to apply for a driver’s license.
That Vermont requires documentation. Including birth certificate and social security card.

And to apply for a mail in ballot you have to supply your driver’s license number at the time of their request.

Last edited:
And to apply for a mail in ballot you have to supply your driver’s license number at the time of your request
When you sign up to register at the DMV you are automatically registered. You have to opt out. This is a renewal license form so you just put down your license - permit number. You do sign the form stating you are being honest.

Here is the form

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
An application for renewal does not negate the fact that an applicant must show a birth certificate and social security card in order to get that card in the first place

Also you missed this significant part of your screenshot (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
An application for renewal does not negate the fact that an applicant must show a birth certificate and social security card in order to get that card in the first place
They already have their drivers license or drivers privilege card with a number on it. Illegals are allowed to drive and are given a legal driver license called a driver privilege card in Vermont that they renew every four years. The form is the same.

They have to opt out on the form.

Last edited:
Did you read the part on the screenshot you posted that is titled “Real Id, EDL, and voter registration”

There is only form to renew a license - a privilege card. I posted the whole form.

Yes they do ask if you are a resident but remember you are automatically put on a voter registration list unless you are opt-out. You have to check the box.

.(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

You posted part of the page which shows the different licenses including privilege card. Here more of that page.

Will you address the documentation that Vermont requires people to obtain in order to get a driver’s privilege card in the first place. I posted both a link in an earlier post and the screenshot that you are referring to discusses it

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
Yes they do ask if you are a resident
They ask more than just if you’re resident. They ask if you have proof of your legal residency
I posted the legal renewal Driver license - privilege card form from Vermont DMV.

And again you have to opt-ou!t on the DMV driver license - privilege card form if you do not want to be a registered voter… You have to check the box.

Last edited:
48.png
Allie1:
You are not addressing the fact
Inconvenient facts are unlikely to be addressed concerning this issue.
The fact if the (1) whole form for license and privilege card in online at Vermont DMV. The fact is at the top of the third page of the renewal online form states this.

The fact is you have to opt-out not to be registered.(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
Translated Spanish version of the DMV license-privilege card form.= which is online,

You also have to opt-out telling the DMV that you don't want to be registered to vote You need to check the box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back