URGENT prayers - mother in 10th week of pregnancy is facing Chronic Mylegenous Leukemia and termination of her pregnancy

• Thread starter Thread starter lizaanne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lizaanne

I just received this from someone at Saint Michael’s Media as an urgent prayer request:

Information About the Person Being Prayed for:
Name :- Kathy
City :- Carlisle
State :- Pa
Petition :- My sister has been diagnosed with Chronic Mylegenous Leukemia while she is in her 10th week of pregnancy. The doctors told her she will die if she doesn’t start treatment immediately. There is no one more pro-life than we are, but she is so afraid of leaving her 6 and 8 year old sons without a Mother. The doctors said she must have a medically necessary termination or both she and the baby will die. We are torn apart. Please pray to St. Gianna for her that everything will work out. Thank you St. Gianna

Please lend your prayers for this woman who is completely devistated. Below is a comment from her sister regarding the prayers she has received so far:

The Society of Saint Gianna Beretta Molla
Philadelphia, PA

PETITIONER’S RESPONSE TO OUR RESPONSE

I cannot tell you how much this means to me. I have been praying so hard for a miracle. I am afraid that Kathy is resigned to the fate the doctors say she has. It is too painful for her to have hope. The mass tomorrow will be wonderful. She has a consultation with a Dr. to talk about the medically necessary termination. I cannot hardly bring myself to type that. I know that if this happens, she will suffer with the decision for the rest of her life. She feels like she has no choice, because her boys need her so badly. Her greatest mission in life is her life as a Mother. She is such a fantastic Mother and a wonderful person. It is so hard for us to comprehend this. It all happened so fast. Last Friday she went in for a pre-natal ultrasound and they found that her spleen was enlarged. They sent her for blood work and the doctors told her to come in immediately. The results have been devastating. As I said our family is strictly PRO-LIFE and this scenario is unimaginable. My aunt who passed away last year was one of the founding members of Dallas’ Pro-Life movement.

I truly believe in the power of prayer and of Saints. I prayed to St. Gerard when my sister, Kathy enrolled me in the League of St. Gerard, when we were experiencing infertility. After 3 & 1/2 years my daughter, Juliana Kathleen, was born on October 16th, which is St. Gerard’s feast day! My most recent newsletter from the League of St. Gerard featured St. Gianna. I am praying that she brings us another miracle. I cried when I saw the date of her canonization, May 16th. That is my sister Kathy’s birthday.

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts. I cannot express what a comfort it is to me. My Step-Daughter, Stefanie who lives in Philadelphia, visited the shrine for Kathy yesterday. I asked her to rub a handkerchief against her glove and send it to me so I could give to Kathy. I know that even if I don’t get the answer I am praying for, the presence of St. Gianna will bring us great comfort.

God Bless You!
Crissi

~Liza

I just received this from someone at Saint Michael’s Media as an urgent prayer request:Information About the Person Being Prayed for:
Name :- Kathy
City :- Carlisle
State :- Pa
Petition :- My sister has been diagnosed with Chronic Mylegenous Leukemia while she is in her 10th week of pregnancy. The doctors told her she will die if she doesn’t start treatment immediately. There is no one more pro-life than we are, but she is so afraid of leaving her 6 and 8 year old sons without a Mother. The doctors said she must have a medically necessary termination or both she and the baby will die. We are torn apart. Please pray to St. Gianna for her that everything will work out. Thank you St. Gianna
Please lend your prayers for this woman who is completely devistated. Below is a comment from her sister regarding the prayers she has received so far:

~Liza
This looks like a perfect candidate for the intercession of St. Gianna.

+In the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

God our Father we praise You and we bless You because in St Gianna Beretta Molla You have given us one who witnessed to the Gospel as a young women, as a wife, as a mother, and as a doctor. We thank You because through the gift of her life we can learn to welcome and honor every human person.

You, Lord Jesus, were for Gianna a splendid example.
She learned to recognize You in the beauty of nature.
As she was questioning her choice of vocation she went
in search of You and the best way to serve You.
Through her married love she became a sign of
Your love for the Church and for humanity.
Like You, the Good Samaritan, she cared for everyone
who was sick, small or weak. Following your example,
out of love she gave herself entirely,
generating new life.

Holy Spirit, Source of every perfection, give us wisdom, intelligence, and courage so that, following the example of Saint Gianna and through her intercession, we may know how to place ourselves at the service of each person we meet in our personal, family and professional lives, and thus grow in love and holiness.
Amen.

Heavenly Father, through the intercession of St. Gianna Molla we pray that Kathy may see Your glorious plan through this extreme trial in her life. May your will be done in her life and in ours as it is done in heaven.
Amen.

St. Gianna Molla, pray for us.
+

I am praying so hard! :crying: Divine healing, divine intercession is much needed, dear Lord!

Amen, to jkarp’s prayer.

Merciful and Divine Healer, You alone have sustained Kathy and her loved ones through every test. You know her love of you and of the very life that is Your gift. Gracious Father, since even the cells of our bodies obey Your commends, grant that she receive a miraculous healing, for the sake of the mystical Body of Your beloved Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May this test of their faith be richly rewarded, O Heavenly source of Love, that Your Holy and Eternal Name be praised to the ends of the earth. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen. Alleluia!

Dear LORD have mercy on your child Kathy and your child - the baby in her womb . LORD HEAL KATHY THE MOTHER AND HER CHILD IN HER WOMB AND TURN THIS INTO A HEALTHY PREGNANCY AND A HEALTHY BIRTH ! Lord they are both your children and they need you ! thank you for doing this dear LORD ! Lord give Kathy courage and faith and trust in you dear LORD ! thank you for doing this dear LORD ! Praise the Lord , Halelujah, all glory and honor is yours Almighty Father , amen . Keep in prayer Kathy , our Father hears you . God Bless you Kathy and your baby in your womb ! , your brother in Christ , John

J†M†J
Praying for your intentions:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

AMEN AND AMEN!

Also, praying to Mother Mary for her intercession.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Jesus, this family needs you!
Have Mercy Lord!
All you angels and saints please intercede. Amen

Thank you all for all your prayers! I’m not sure I’ll hear about the outcome of this situation, if I do I’ll be sure to let you know.

So very sad indeed.

~Liza

God our Father we praise You and we bless You because in St Gianna Beretta Molla You have given us one who witnessed to the Gospel as a young women, as a wife, as a mother, and as a doctor. We thank You because through the gift of her life we can learn to welcome and honor every human person.

You, Lord Jesus, were for Gianna a splendid example.
She learned to recognize You in the beauty of nature.
As she was questioning her choice of vocation she went
in search of You and the best way to serve You.
Through her married love she became a sign of
Your love for the Church and for humanity.
Like You, the Good Samaritan, she cared for everyone
who was sick, small or weak. Following your example,
out of love she gave herself entirely,
generating new life.

Holy Spirit, Source of every perfection, give us wisdom, intelligence, and courage so that, following the example of Saint Gianna and through her intercession, we may know how to place ourselves at the service of each person we meet in our personal, family and professional lives, and thus grow in love and holiness.
Amen.

Heavenly Father, through the intercession of St. Gianna Molla we pray that Kathy may see Your glorious plan through this extreme trial in her life. May your will be done in her life and in ours as it is done in heaven.
Amen.

St. Gianna Molla, pray for us.
+
Amen, amen. Thank you for bringing this to our attention lizaanne. I’ll keep Kathy, her little one, her family and loved ones in my prayers. :gopray:

In Jesus’ name, Father, please grant healing to this mother the graces to live the fullness of Your loving will in peace, joy and health. Please mother and child in the Sacraments, and grant them what they need to heal and survive. Thank You, Father

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Our Father Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us of our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into tempation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Look upon Your servant, Lord,
Suffering from sickness of body,
And refresh the soul You have created,
So that, purified by this affliction,
She may always remember that
She has been saved by Your loving pity
Through Christ our Lord.