USA a Police State

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Adonis33:
How many times has somebody been held indefinately without access to a lawyer?
Don’t know the EXACT number but it HAS happened.
Although I am concerned at how teh Patriot Act will be applied - I do not think it is the pariagh of legislation either.
The fact that the PA is applied at all should cause concern.
Just exacly what do you expect the government to do to [rotect us from terrorism? You seem real paranoid about the PA, but if we do get another terrorist attack - will you be the first to complain that the government did too little?
9-11 happened because the neo-cons who are running America these days needed it to happened so they allowed it to happen. It’s interesting that the PA takes away Americans’ civil liberties while it does nothing to stop terrorism.
[/quote]

this thread seems to have taken two directions.
police state, i think refers to internam matters.

and. yes virginia, you can lose civil rights in the name of “homeland security” what does Gestapo mean?

i bounce back and forth across the border. why are the trolley cops so heavily armed? are terrorists going to hijack the trolley?

ha ha

once you give up civil rights, it is much more difficult to get them back

40.png
smackdaddy:
9-11 happened because the neo-cons who are running America these days needed it to happened so they allowed it to happen. It’s interesting that the PA takes away Americans’ civil liberties while it does nothing to stop terrorism.
  1. Are you saying that the Bush administration knowingly allowed terrorists to take down the world trade center?
If yes, what evidence do you have. (no conjecture, feelings, or assumptions, or references to something you read on democraticunderground.org or the People’s Republic of North Korea Gazette, only facts).
  1. Which civil liberties?
  2. “does nothing to stop terrorism” - This is only your guess. Since we have not had any terrrorist attacks on our soil since 9-11, while we can’t say for certainty that the PA has prevent terrorism, you can’t for certain it has not.

shockerfan said:
1) Are you saying that the Bush administration knowingly allowed terrorists to take down the world trade center?

Yes
If yes, what evidence do you have. (no conjecture, feelings, or assumptions, or references to something you read on democraticunderground.org or the People’s Republic of North Korea Gazette, only facts).
fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/02_11_02_lucy.html
fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/011805_simplify_case.shtml
  1. Which civil liberties?
bambooweb.com/articles/u/s/USA_PATRIOT_Act.html

40.png
smackdaddy:
Yes

fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/02_11_02_lucy.html
fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/011805_simplify_case.shtml

Gee, I guess its true. Michael Ruppert was able to provide information that nobody in the mainstream press (who mostly hate Bush) did. Why, he even was interviewed by Hustler Magazine, the beacon of truth for the free world.

Not even the Dems in congress are this far left. Kim Jung Il is slightly right of this guy.

Don’t you think for a second that if this was true, ALL americans would come together and throw Bush in jail and throw away the key. Don’t you think for a second if this was true, the NYT or the LAT would splash it all over their newspapers?

It has been my experience that people who believe this stuff will believe any negative thing ever said about the president, just because its negative.

40.png
smackdaddy:
1)Gee, I guess its true. Michael Ruppert was able to provide information that nobody in the mainstream press (who mostly hate Bush) did. Why, he even was interviewed by Hustler Magazine, the beacon of truth for the free world.

Not even the Dems in congress are this far left. Kim Jung Il is slightly right of this guy.

Don’t you think for a second that if this was true, ALL americans would come together and throw Bush in jail and throw away the key. Don’t you think for a second if this was true, the NYT or the LAT would splash it all over their newspapers?

It has been my experience that people who believe this stuff will believe any negative thing ever said about the president, just because its negative.

shockerfan said:
1)Gee, I guess its true. Michael Ruppert was able to provide information that nobody in the mainstream press (who mostly hate Bush) did. Why, he even was interviewed by Hustler Magazine, the beacon of truth for the free world.

A great read (as many may already know) is Chesterton’s Orthodoxy. The first chapter, “The Maniac” is a great musing on how it is not a good idea to try to talk conspiracy-theorists out of their lunacy. They will just say you are part of it.

Penn & Teller conducted an experiment where they recreated the Kennedy shooting with a melon and showed that a shot from back and to the left would indeed cause the head to go back and to the left (from a jet effect). They said they would pass this info along to Oliver Stone, but that he would probably just say that Isaac Newton was in on the plot. 🙂

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back