Vatican Nativity scene rooted in occult symbolism

• Thread starter Thread starter Rosarydevotion1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the first tie you have posted welcome to our 2 week community. But what does the link say and why did you post just wondering?

I wouldn’t say occult, but they really need to stop letting tasteless people get away with this.

It was made in the 1960’s and ‘70’s by Italian high school students.
The Monumental Nativity from Castelli was created in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and the spaceman was a nod to the 1969 moon landing.

“The teachers and students wanted to immortalize important events of the contemporary world,” explains the St. Peter’s Diocese website. “And so within the work we find eccentric statutes compared to the traditional figures of the nativity, such as the astronaut, which is a reference to the conquest of the moon.”

Last edited:
Having looked at a bunch of pictures of it, it’s kind of cute in parts (ugly in other parts)/ interesting and it would work fine in a Museum of Modern Art. When you go into one of those museums, you expect to be challenged as to what you think is beautiful art or acceptable art; that’s the point of it being a Museum of Modern Art as opposed to a Museum of Classical Art.

However, for the official Vatican Nativity Scene that’s supposed to be reverent and inspiring to large diverse groups of people, not a good pick.

Last edited:
That abstract owl in this display at the Vatican is similar those surrounding the Bohemian Grove.

You could be right, even though it also looks like some of the abstract owls surrounding the Bohemian Grove.

I think that what has caused worry to many people who fear occult symbolism in the display, is the disproportionately shaped / sized figure observable in the head piece of the warrior . Judge for yourselves whether this merits consideration .

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

I’m not getting how this is occult? Just looks silly.

Do you mean that thing that looks like a skull decorating the helmet?

Last edited:
Assuming that it looks like an owl, which to me requires some imagination, then owls are part of God’s creation and are not inherently evil, nor are they any more occult than snakes or black cats, neither of which I find occult in the least.

Look at this adorable little guy who was rescued from the Rock Center Christmas tree:

Last edited:
To me it just looks like a Japanese monster movie. The kind that would be double-billed with “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians”.

Last edited:
And what is up with the Astronaut. Ancient Alien Theorists must be having a field day with this.

I consider myself fairly up on witchy matters, yet I’ve never heard of “Bohemian Grove”.
Is it near Coconut Grove? Or Ladbroke Grove?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back