F
filiaecclesia
Guest
I have been discerning whether to begin wearing a chapel veil to our parish NO masses. I would be the only woman wearing one which is probably why all the hesitating , but also I want to be certain I can answer the kind queries I’ll receive and thus perhaps inspire other parishioners to wear one, too.
My question here is this: does anyone know any firm traditions about when a woman should wear her chapel veil? Is it from the time one enters the church, when the mass begins, or always in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament (which would mean wearing it when entering the “Eucharistic Chapel” which houses the tabernacle in our parish)? I want to be consistent as well as informed!
I attend a weekly class in theology that is held in a Catholic school chapel with the tabernacle present but covered in a veil of its own. Would one wear a chapel veil for the lectures if held in the presence of a tabernacle?
I want to veil to show my great respect and modesty before Our Lord, and hope I will have the courage to follow my conscience in this matter!
Thanks for your thoughts,
Your sister in faith
My question here is this: does anyone know any firm traditions about when a woman should wear her chapel veil? Is it from the time one enters the church, when the mass begins, or always in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament (which would mean wearing it when entering the “Eucharistic Chapel” which houses the tabernacle in our parish)? I want to be consistent as well as informed!
I attend a weekly class in theology that is held in a Catholic school chapel with the tabernacle present but covered in a veil of its own. Would one wear a chapel veil for the lectures if held in the presence of a tabernacle?
I want to veil to show my great respect and modesty before Our Lord, and hope I will have the courage to follow my conscience in this matter!
Thanks for your thoughts,
Your sister in faith